Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 12:17:20 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: one HID likes going out?  (Read 10793 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2011, 10:00:08 PM »

Actually, relays only require 150 mA to "close".  I'd have to look at a wiring diagram, but I think that each headlight has it's own relay and fuse.  I'm not 100% sure though.  I'll have to look at my service manual when I get home this weekend.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2011, 10:09:16 PM »

Well getting what Tim PM'd me that the fogs run on one fuse would warrant the use of a 20amp fuse  lamp... I get that part now!

...itching for the damn mail already lolz!  Cheesy

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2011, 10:46:50 PM »

I'm not 100% sure yet since I don't have my service manual down here with me.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2011, 03:13:52 AM »

Damn, this thread is still alive? Lol

Well, for about 3 months, the same headlight started acting up... but HARD.
I dealt with it for a while since I didn't know what it was. I changed the H/L fuses like 2313211543 times, all got blown. I asked some of my friends and Arie (Mr Eazy) and they told me it's probably a blown ballast.
My friend gave me a spare ballast he had, swapped that baby in and BAM! HID working flawlessly lol
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 07:16:52 AM »

So, you posted a thread about your problem, you were vague about the details of your set up, then just ignored the advice given in the thread you created, and just asked someone else?  Why would you create a thread asking for help about your problem if you were just going to ignore the advice and ask someone else?

Tim
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 08:16:57 AM »

For confirmation maybe?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 01:56:49 PM »

So, you posted a thread about your problem, you were vague about the details of your set up, then just ignored the advice given in the thread you created, and just asked someone else?  Why would you create a thread asking for help about your problem if you were just going to ignore the advice and ask someone else?

I actually did look at peoples advice, they told me to check my wiring to see if everything was plugged in correctly. After I made the thread though, I became inactive off elitecm. When I did come on(always for a short time) the topic became about someone elses problem so I didn't bother checking if someone had answered me.
The thread was made last August and its only until May 16ish I saw you answered Billys question and mentioned a bad ballast, which answered my problem as well. Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:34:10 PM by Arielit0oo » Logged
CrazyCreashunz

CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2011, 08:18:04 PM »

Well my issue is fixed with a new ballast! Turned out a loose connection between the ballast and the oem wiring shorted the ballast out!

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012