Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:54:46 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Fog Light Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 141425 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 05:31:52 PM »

Pretty much.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 05:53:53 PM »

ok i one more thing. when will they come on? any time my engine is running? yet i can turn on or off with the switch? can i run hid with this set up?

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009, 07:10:21 PM »

Yes, from my understanding that's what you wanted.  When your car is on, you and the switch is closed, your fog lights will be on.  As far as your HID's are concerned, you may want to find out what the current draw of your HID kit is.  I wouldn't recommend using ballasts that draw more than 20 amps of current.  Anything more than that and you should use a relay.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 11:53:02 PM »

wait... i think i got it. ur disabling the switch because the switch only works with the headlights on!!!... but by making my ignition the switch, every time i turn my key to start the car, the key acts as the switch for my fogs. thus now making the ignition the switch.
so i wont need the regular switch that came with the harness. thats what i meant by "will my switch work". i meant the foglight harness switch

I want to use my foglight harness switch still. i dont know why i just want to have the option. With this connection to the igniton switch i will have to turn off my car to turn off the fog lights too. one thing that i like about my car is.... in the winter if im parked for a few minutes i can keep the car on to stay warm, and when i turn off my headlights my DRLs dont come on because i removed DRL fuse. so you cant even tell that the car is on.

maybe im being to picky. but i dont want drls coming from my headlights. i want them coming from my fog lights (even if i have to remove my hid kit) AND i would still like to turn them on or off using the switch that was given in the first place.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 12:19:55 AM by fabulous010 » Logged

fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 12:05:37 AM »

Under The Dash
hooking it up to the accessory wire. this connection works with my park lights? what do u mean by "run or starting"?

Under The Hood

with this connection i bypass the relay, so that even if i have no parking lights or headlights on... If i hit the switch my fogs come on...?  thats exactly what i want!!!.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 12:38:44 AM by fabulous010 » Logged

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 12:28:34 AM »

"Run" is when your car is running, "Start" is when you're starting your car.  Most cars will shut off all accessory components when you're starting your car because it takes a lot of current to start your motor.  It basically shuts off every electrical component except for your ECU, fuel pump, injectors, coil packs, and starter.

Tim
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 09:49:11 AM »

Under the hood

with this connection i bypass the relay, so that even if i have no parking lights or headlights on...I can still turn them on? and can I still use the stock switch?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 01:06:55 PM »

Okay man.  I edited your posts so they're not so redundant.  You don't know me that well, and I don't know you that well either.  Since you don't know me that well I'll let you know right now, I don't fuck around and I try to be direct and to the point.  My responses can be harsh and abrasive, and have no problem with telling you the truth without candy coating it.  Some people think I'm an asshole because of it, but I don't care.  I try to take things at face value and avoid assuming that when people ask for advice, they're actually looking for validation.  This is nothing against you, but it's how I respond to people that keep asking me the same question over and over again.

I'll simplify it for you as much as I can.  Your original request was to have your fog lights on when your engine is running, with the option of turning them off with the OEM switch.  I gave you two options for wiring to get your fog lights to turn on when your car was running and still made your fog light switch fully functional.  I gave very detailed instructions of how to connect the existing wires, which wires to not connect, how to modify your existing harness, and where to find other wires needed.  

If I was not clear enough, I apologize.  I just feel that I have been answering the same question over and over again.

If you want, I can do this modification to my fog lights and take pictures of everything that needs to be modified.  I will probably end up doing this in the spring when the weather is nicer.

Tim
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 04:38:08 PM »

it seems that on order to run the fogs whenever i want with the oem switch. i just have to connect the blue wire (that wires up to the switch) to any 12v application.... is this correct?

fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 04:40:16 PM »

has anyone used yellow tint spray to tint their fog lenses?

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 05:03:56 PM »

As long as it's 12 volts while your car is running, they will work.

Tim
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 05:11:36 PM »

I dont know about spray but myself and other people have used the lamin-x vinyl overlays which prevent any fog light cracking due to pebbles jumping up.They come in a variety of colors. The only problem with the overlays is if you use your fogs a lot over time they will melt or bubble over time. We rarely use ours so they're perfectly fine.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 05:43:20 PM »

You may want to consider using tint film because that's removable.  I haven't really had good luck with that stuff though.  I'd just get a set of fog housings that are already yellow

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 11:12:02 PM »

From past expirence tint spray is a nightmare. I've never used yellow specificly but, I'd steer clear of this stuff.
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 12:38:04 AM »

that fuse box under the dash board on the drivers side, is there anything thats 12v there? i just dont want to tamper with my ignition harness... i heard another 12v application would be the radio but thats hard to get to. plus anytime my radio would be on with the car off my fogs would be on and i would always have to turn them off.

Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012