Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:41:50 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lowered Problems?  (Read 7410 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 07:34:55 PM »

After talking to you on the phone and looking at your alignment readings, I still think you have a problem in the front passenger wheel well. I've never seen caster be that different between sides like that. And as for the camber being off, its very possible your upper control arm may have a problem like we spoke about. You did mention to me that pothole you hit was on the passenger front and it seems it did more damage than you initially thought. I want to see what Thien says could be the problem, but I'm pretty sure I'm right here.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 08:20:09 PM »

You are out of spec on the front right camber. You are off by almost half a degree, which will cause some inside wear on that right front. Your caster is still in spec. So, I doubt it will pull. Your rear camber is right on the money. Rear camber on the Accords (except DX/SE models) is -1.0 degree of camber. You will need a front camber kit to correct that right front camber. Please refer to this pic of where your specs are. From there you will know if you are out of spec, and it will also tell if you will have any tire wear.

wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 08:31:17 PM »

I am having a problem too after being lowered.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 11:03:49 PM »

Thanks for the help Thien, you da man.

Ingalls front camber kit on ultrarev is $150 shipped. Anyone know of a cheaper site?
hondaguy214

Reputation Power: 1
hondaguy214 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 11:50:25 PM »

lol. i got a good explanation . coming from my mechanic point of view. when the dumbass aligned your car. he didn't have the steering wheel straight. when you do an alignment move the steering wheel to measure caster. then you straighten it and set it with a spring loaded bar. then align it. after you are suppose to straighten the wheel and it takes the final measure of toe. the guy didn't re straighten the wheel. hence why it looks like its on.

NECM SQUAD#6
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 12:05:50 AM »

Here is another perspective you have to take into consideration. Most Firestone has a Hunter DSP600 or newer machine. It has the program called Win Toe. Win Toe compensates when the steering wheel is turned during toe adjustment, and you do not need a steering wheel lock. I personally work at Firestone myself, and I have never had a comeback on my alignments even with the use of Win Toe. Also, the guys probably didn't test drive it. There are a lot of half ass techs out there. They will take shortcuts to make their life easier.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 08:09:21 AM »

Well hopefully with the install of a front camber kit will fix my issues, at least I know why the techs were having issues aligning my car. I'm going to swap tires with my wifes CM this week, that way I'm not wearing my new tires uneven. I could care less about her old Fuzions.

Something I just thought of. When they aligned it on Friday they told me it was all in spec, so they aligned it again on Tuesday and my right front is out -1.2? hmmmmmmm
rip_cord

Reputation Power: 1
rip_cord pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 10:36:57 AM »

Dang.  Sucks that you're going through so much drama.  Best of luck to you, Jeremy.

Ricardo     SECM #2   fodo' fosilly
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012