Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 03:52:15 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orlando Cars and Cafe, 10/31...READ ME  (Read 2181 times)
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2009, 06:29:53 PM »

I have said in the past, I would give one last effort to get some people to go and I have not posted since, but I am going to try one last time for the next Orlando Automotive Club Cars and Cafe event to get some representation from all the different forums I am a member of. Last month they had over 200 cars in attendance.

The next event is October 31st, yes Halloween morning. It runs from 9am-12pm, there are plenty of places to sit, eat, AC, bathrooms, plus a never ending line of cars to check out. The RX8 club of Orlando, 350z Club, G35 Club, GTR Club all attend each month. Not to mention the countless number of other cars ranging from Nissan and Honda to Lambo's and Ferrari. Last month a Bugatti was in attendance.

Not to mention all the cool things they raffle off for FREE! Last month, someone won a GPS, a free tint job, multiple Meguiars detail kits, Polo & T-Shirts, etc.

Check out the link and I hope to see you guys there:
http://www.OrlandoAutomotiveClub.com/cars_and_cafe.html
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 08:28:30 PM »

I would love to go Scott.  If you get me a plane ticket and a ride in your Porsche, I'm there with you all the way!!  You locals better not pass up on this.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
skizot

skizot pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 06:27:35 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I would love to go Scott.  If you get me a plane ticket and a ride in your Porsche, I'm there with you all the way!!  You locals better not pass up on this.

I have no doubt if you lived down here, I believe you 100%. Everyone else who has said, repeatedly they would try to make it, never have. These are the same people who then complain and bitch when either people don't show up to a meet they plan or complain that there is no ongoing car enthusiast community in their area.

I would post up about Festival of Speed this weekend coming up and to come see me and check out all the other cars, but if people are not going to show up to a FREE event, where they get a FREE raffle to win some nice prizes, what makes me think they will show up for a show that costs $12 to get into. Please sense the sarcasm in my tone. $12 for what will most likely be a kick ass day of car fun. The really funny part is that people are willing to drive hours and miles and spend upwards of $30 to get into Hot Import Nights, which is complete and utter bullshit for the most part. Don't get me wrong, I go to these as well, but the fact that people will bend over backwards to make it to an event like this and not even try to be part and enjoy an free, community based event, is beyond my comprehension. I have enjoyed going to all genre's of car events.

I will be told that "well Scott, we can't all be ballers like you...", to this I call utter horse shit. I saved for years to afford to buy my Porsche and I have no preconceived notion that I am better then anyone. If anything, I try to prove over and over again, that it is about the people and not the cars. Oh well. I have quite a few friends away from the forums that show up and enjoy themselves, it would just be nice to have representation from a few of the other forums where I believe to be a great community of people and cars. Oh well.

One of these days, on your next trip down, try to plan it for  a weekend that lands on the last Saturday of the month.
skizot

skizot pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 06:28:31 PM »

P.S. Maybe if I bitch, complain and cry enough, people will show up to just shut me up.   :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 10:35:41 PM »

Hahaha.  $12 is nothing when you compare it to the bullshit they charge at the half ass car shows around here.  I'll try to make sure I come down for my next trip down there around the last Saturday of the month.  I don't want to come down until my car is closer to being done though.  When I move down there, I'll hit all the car shows with you man.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012