Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:31:29 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Angel Eyes Help  (Read 7068 times)
LvaC03NyC
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
LvaC03NyC pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 10:15:20 PM »

Sorry took so long to respond but what does it matter what the guys on other forums have to say about what I do...Last i recall forums were for constructive criticism but I guess that doesnt apply to everyone. Anyway to everyone who pm'ed asking about progress I finished the install today and will be posting pics soon.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 10:48:09 PM »

I guess the fact that I pointed out that those headlights are poorly designed and made with sub par materials doesn't count, huh?  I was giving constructive criticism, you just didn't like the fact that people gave you negative feedback.  I suggested other forums because they may be more accepting of your "style".  I have no problem in pointing out that some modifications are just used to draw attention instead of look good.  The show car scene ruins the way most cars look because they promote the mentality of "more shit on my car means that it looks better".  Those cars aren't judged by style and taste, they're judged by how much crap someone piles on to their car.  That is not the mentality I promote here.  Not every mod is going to be functional or useful, but if it's useless, it should at least be done in good taste.  I will always continue to say that halos belong on bimmers, and people that put halos on anything that's not a BMW is just a wannabe.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
LvaC03NyC
Fucking Newb

LvaC03NyC pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 11:09:44 PM »

I have no problem with negative feedback...not everyone likes the same things. I didn't join the forum to be accepted...I joined to learn. Contrary to what you might believe halos come stock on other cars other than BMW's because of their popularity with consumers. I got many comments on how good they look already and have never thought of myself as being someone who was trying to turn my daily driver into a show car. I thought the whole point of doing shit to your car was to get attention but maybe that's just me. From what i see people put a lot of time and effort into making their cars into show cars and granted some are outrageous, but most are very beautifully constructed and style and taste are two of the most important things that go into their owners decisions. Maybe you should be more considerate to people in your forum who don't necessarily have the same style you do but definitely share the same passion if not more for their car. Their are a lot of people on THIS forum who have halos or want halos judging by the PM's so before you start calling people wannabes you might want to think about others on the site. Its all good though...ill take your advice...

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 11:41:53 PM »

Here's a tip regarding your halos. Take a look around in the forums at hidplanet. There's a plethora of information regarding anything to do with lights. As for the criticism you're getting, you should've expected it. Don't take it to heart. But when you're the only guy on here rocking lambo doors that everyone else including Lamborghini has removed, the flaming was inevitable.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009, 12:09:00 AM »

Name one car that comes with halos in OEM headlights that's not a BMW.  This site was started for people to learn about performance upgrades specific to the CM chassis.  Halos are definitely not my style and most people here would shy away from them.  I recommended a different forum because you'd probably get the answer that you're looking for.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
rafaeljose73

rafaeljose73 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 08:59:45 AM »

If i ever do a headlight upgrade it will be the Inspire. Also as Tim mentioned, Halo Headlights are a waste of money. Not only they have poor output but when the halo light got burn, you are stuck with them unless you switch back to originals. Having said that, good luck with your quest but I concur with the others: Halos are not for Hondas! Smiley

Regarding the other cars with the "Halos", I think he refers to the Audi S4 (?) where it got a LED trim below the headlamps.

DD: 06 Accord EX-L V6 6MT Alabaster Silver
WW: 09 Pilot EX-L w/ RES Sterling Grey Metallic 2WD
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012