Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:09:27 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Angel Eyes Help  (Read 7070 times)
LvaC03NyC
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
LvaC03NyC pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2009, 04:48:33 PM »

I recently bought a pair of headlights with angel eyes and i wanted to change the angel eyes that it came with to the ones featured on ddm tuning. I am wondering if anyone knows any websites that offer replacement angel eyes....

Here are the lights that i bought
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0348994227

And here are the angel eyes that i would like to have
http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=pr ... &parent=84

AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 10:29:56 AM »

dont think your angel eyes are big enough to replace with this.
bmw lights are pretty big and your angel eyes are pretty small so dont think it will work

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
LvaC03NyC
Fucking Newb

LvaC03NyC pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 01:48:44 PM »

any suggestions on where i can get replacements??

NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 01:54:47 PM »

i debated the same thing man... if theres a will theres a way
you may need to modify the lights you have now to get them to work...but its possible

my halos arent bright at all....and like 25% of one of them is dark

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

LvaC03NyC
Fucking Newb

LvaC03NyC pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 02:02:43 PM »

I definetely have the will to do it. I called DDM tuning to see if their LED replacements would work but the dude told me they wont. Im opening them up tonight to get a measurement of the diameter and then i guess ill have to do some google'ing to try and find a site that sells replacements.

AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 04:13:19 PM »

post pic of headlight, i can take measurements if its same once i have opened right now

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 05:04:49 PM »

I'd recommend that you toss the halo headlights all together.  They just seem so whack on every car that's NOT a bimmer.  Altezza tail lights belong on the Toyota Altezza and halos headlights belong on bimmers.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
LvaC03NyC
Fucking Newb

LvaC03NyC pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 07:11:57 PM »

idk i personally like the look of them...i seen them on an impala just the other day and to my surprise they looked hot...

k24low20z

k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 08:38:39 PM »

leave that to the ricers.... it does not look good in our cars..

CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 10:08:43 PM »

Quote from: "k24low20z"
leave that to the ricers.... it does not look good in our cars..
+1

...but to each his own! There is so much more you can do to the oem headlamps instead of replacing them with halos.

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 10:18:07 PM »

Quote from: "LvaC03NyC"
idk i personally like the look of them...i seen them on an impala just the other day and to my surprise they looked hot...

You may be on the wrong forum then.  Go see what the guys on g7a or v6p will say about what you want to do.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
k24low20z

k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 11:51:02 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Quote from: "LvaC03NyC"

You may be on the wrong forum then.  Go see what the guys on g7a or v6p will say about what you want to do.

owned!!!!

v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 12:07:34 PM »

give the newb a break. he'll figure it out soon...

J u s t i n
NWINNIE34

NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 01:09:47 PM »

so maybe i'll just take out my halos so i dont get made fun of haha.... i still get lots of compliments tho.... but yeah to each his own....stay with this forum man, you'll learn alot

hey LvaC03NyC and Misha do you think its possible to just yank the halo right out?
debated this for a while now... it looks like it would but i have never opened them up

debating painting the housing either black or desert mist metallic to match the car
lemme kno how it looks in there

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 10:58:06 PM »

The halos are held in by screws, and they have LEDs at the bottom to illuminate them.  You can definitely remove them, but you may have a hard time finding CCFL's the exact same diameter and then attaching them.  I just don't think it's worth the trouble for those housings.  Truth be told, those headlights are junk.  Not because of they way they look, but because of the poor quality materials and build.  Spend your time and money on a better set of headlights if you really want to put halos in them.

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012