Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:24:42 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HID bulb replacement for conversion kit  (Read 3220 times)
JulsV6

Reputation Power: 2
JulsV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2009, 11:14:54 PM »

Any suggestions on brand and type of bulbs to get to replace my bulbs in my HID conversion kit?
had them installed for less than 6 months and now driver side has turned yellow...I'm assuming it has gone bad and is time for replacement...I was looking at PIAA brand, but have no idea which one is best to be used for my situation. Any advice or suggestion would be appreciated.

JULIE MDVACM Squad #11
07 WHITE AV6 COUPE
06 GREEN/BLK KAWASAKI ZX6R
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 12:07:48 AM »

i can sell you a brand new set of HID aftermarket bulbs for $45 shipped and the color temp i suggest is 6k.. but i have every bulb size in stock in every color...

JulsV6

JulsV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 12:19:12 AM »

i'm still trying to find the contact info of the guy that sold me this kit...b/c im sure it still has warranty on it. i'm going to check with a few of my guys on my squad..they also bought theirs from the same guy on gen7a....if not we'll see. i'm wondering if its possible to buy the replacement bulb at any local shops here in the DMV area. I can live with the it for now, b/c it still works its just annoying to see two different colors. but i originally had 8000k

JULIE MDVACM Squad #11
07 WHITE AV6 COUPE
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 11:14:37 AM »

So wait, you're looking for replacement HID bulbs or you're looking for replacement halogen bulbs?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 07:55:49 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
So wait, you're looking for replacement HID bulbs or you're looking for replacement halogen bulbs?

+1

?

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 09:26:27 AM »

Sounds like she's looking for replacement HID bulbs for the plug and play kit she has installed. From what I've seen, all them HID bulbs sold on egay have the same connectors and will replace what you have with ease. HTH.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 10:20:35 AM »

it looks like she needs a new set of bulbs...she said one of them is starting to fade.

JulsV6

JulsV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 09:32:23 PM »

I might just buy a new kit to replace it because someone mentioned to me that it may be a bad ballast causing the bulb to no longer output the HID color, the reason why that one side is the color of the OEM lights after several months.

JULIE MDVACM Squad #11
07 WHITE AV6 COUPE
JulsV6

JulsV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 09:33:44 PM »

but thanks guys for your responses

JULIE MDVACM Squad #11
07 WHITE AV6 COUPE