Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:36:02 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IVTEC crossover RPM  (Read 4243 times)
neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2009, 04:19:54 AM »

Does anyone know what the stock crossover point is in a stock accord? I have it set at 1800 on my Kpro and i feel that the car gets jerky when its cold in the morning.

From the stop i give it a little gas. Engine revs, ivtec crosses over, and the car upshifts within a couple of seconds in the cold makes it jerky.
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 07:18:25 AM »

i believe it is 2200

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 08:23:53 AM »

Dave is right. You shouldn't be messing with the crossover on our economy Ks man. You're going to do more harm than good. Honestly though, you can adjust your fuel trim some, slightl advance your timing and that's about it with the stock K24A4. By a reputable tuner of course. If you don't know what the hell you're doing, you're going to blow up your engine. Put it back to where it was stock and take it to a good tuner.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 03:20:57 PM »

Thats what it is set up at on the "stock accord" basemap in Kpro. Its also where its at on some other tune I have.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 03:26:17 PM »

Really? I've never heard of Kpro providing support for Accords. Sounds sketchy to me. I'll let others with a bit more experience chime in.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 03:49:48 PM »

That's actually the same VTEC crossover point I was running with my old n/a set up.  There's a good possibility that you are running the same tune that I had, which was tuned on an AT.  I didn't have any of the problems that you described with my car with that tune.  It sounds like a combination of VTEC crossover and when your AT shifts.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
neoryan7

neoryan7 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 03:07:57 AM »

yeah, I switched it to 2200rpm its a lot smoother now. What is yours set up at now Tim?
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 07:25:49 AM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Really? I've never heard of Kpro providing support for Accords. Sounds sketchy to me. I'll let others with a bit more experience chime in.
kpro has base maps for the k24 since so many rsx owners are swapping blocks.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 08:25:57 AM »

Quote from: "neoryan7"
yeah, I switched it to 2200rpm its a lot smoother now. What is yours set up at now Tim?

My low threshold is set at 4000 and my high threshold is set at 4500.  It was at 4250-5000 before, so I lowered it a bit.  Cham has been doing all my tuning, and my base map came from a guy running a similar engine set up as me.  I'm pretty sure I'm the only guy with this set up in an Accord right now, so don't follow what I say since my engine mods aren't commonly found on anyone else's car here.

Quote from: "Icebox"

Those K24 maps kinda suck, but they are a way to get your car running and an okay starting point for tuning.  By no means should you run one of those maps as a final tune.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 08:31:46 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Quote from: "Icebox"

Those K24 maps kinda suck, but they are a way to get your car running and an okay starting point for tuning.  By no means should you run one of those maps as a final tune.

i completely agree tim, just pointing out that it was possible.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012