Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:44:43 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how do you put the car on jackstand?  (Read 3499 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2009, 01:49:46 AM »

I was wondering how the heck do you guys get the car on jackstands? I was trying to look it up and they were like use the jack points and stuff, but when I tried the jack is way too big. I can't have the jack and the jackstand on the same jack points. If you could let me know that would be great. I want to change my tranney fluid and put my DC headers on. Also this would be really good for anyone else who wants to know.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 09:17:58 AM »

I have always wondered where to jack the car up with a hydraulic floor jack. I dont ever know what part of the car to put the pressure on. This is what I did when I put my springs on: Got two jacks from two different cars because ours is tiny, I put the jack on the least amount of space possible, raised both sides simultaneously, put the jack stands on as much of the jack points as possible, then removed the jacks. It worked perfectly.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 09:45:13 AM »

What I usually do is find a point on the subframe as near to the tire as possible that doesn't normally have any movement. Something like a control arm anchor point. Once you lift to the desired height, throw a jackstand under the lift point and remove the jack. I'll try and get pics up soon so you see what I mean.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 11:18:22 AM »

I don't know if the v6 and 4cyl are different but, on the 6 there is a bump in the front of the subframe that you can use to jack the car in middle then you can use the jack stands on the out side. In the back I generally jack it on the flat piece that is behind the fuel tank and under the exhaust.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 01:32:17 PM »

if you guys can post up pix that would be soo much help. I on on the side of the car there is 2 jack points on each side. But are there other jack points that I don't know about? Also i know about the front there like 2 piece of metal right? mine are all messed up too much scrapping lol.

alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 02:05:53 PM »

Look under the front of the car.  There is an arrow pointing to the bump on the subframe.  Put the floor jack underneath that.

For the rear of the car, use the tow hook.

Those are the two recommended floor jack points by Honda.

Do remember, when changing transmission fluid, the car needs to be level.  So all 4 corners need to be on jackstands on level ground.

- Mark
suleman_manji

Reputation Power: 3
suleman_manji pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 02:19:56 PM »

Front: just look under the car; there's an ARROW! lol

Rear: No arrow, but what I do is just jack it up at the tow hook.

TXCM Squad #2 | Profile | flickr | fb
[img]http:
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 02:28:42 PM »

alright thanks guys. lol I didn't notices the arrow before. Most of the time when I am under the car I am like Come on oil filter come out and play!!! anyways thanks. I'll try to jack up the car weds. DC headers FTW!!

striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 09:25:34 PM »

You know I wondered the same thing when I used my jackstands.  I had the same dilemma:  both the jack and jackstands don't fit on the side jack points.  But, like others above mentioned, there's a few jack points on the front and rear middle of the car.  Or, even the two tow hooks at the front of the car are good.  Jack stands are still dangerous though in my opinion, because if they're not placed right, your car could drop.

thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 09:35:35 PM »

yeah that why I want to do it right. I am going to stack phone books under me also just incase. just like homes in the simpson. lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012