Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:08:38 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quarter fell thru the shifter console...  (Read 4573 times)
Silver Bullet

Reputation Power: 2
Silver Bullet pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2009, 09:10:11 PM »

Hi again guys,
I have another potential problem. I was getting change out of my coin holder and a quarter got into the crack on the left of the coinholder lid. It fell thru and it went down the shifter area. It's been a while since it happen and I haven't had any problems. What I wanna know is, will this potentially mess up my shifter assembly or worse? Should I take it to the stealership to remove the quarter? My car is an automatic. Thanks in advance for any help.

2006 AV6 6MT

'Like' this page if you're a J-Series fanatic!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Honda-J-Series/329047293778085
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 09:16:29 PM »

y don't you pop open the shifter bezel and take out the quarter? I am not sure where it really is so yeah. But the only danger I see is that it jams lower gears such as 1 or 2 so that you can't shift to it.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 09:21:54 PM »

Best advice anyone can give.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 03:55:56 AM »

it's way deep down in there. I would have to like probably remove the shifter assembly or have the dealership do it. I wish there wasn't such a gap between the coinholder lid and the console cover -_-

2006 AV6 6MT

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 10:01:39 AM »

Well, I have a stupid question for you. How long has the quarter been down there? If it's been down there for some time and hasn't done anything to your shifter, I'd say leave it alone. I'm sure you've taken a few truns here and there since the quarter dropped so it's probably not in the same spot. If you see the amount of crap I have near my shift assembly, you'd be surprised I can still find the gears.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 02:18:08 AM »

its been there for a quite a while. I'm jus worried of any potential problems ahead. thanks for the input.

2006 AV6 6MT

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 09:18:28 AM »

Stop driving your car immediately!!  You may damage your car and maybe even die!!  This is dangerous.  Have your car towed to a dealership and have them remove it.  It is far to advanced of a process to remove it yourself.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 09:24:43 AM »

LOL Tim.

Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 01:19:25 PM »

It's an automatic, HIGHLY doubt any damage can be done from a quarter.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 08:42:55 PM »

Gives you that extra VTAK. But seriously if it hasn't hurt the car so far and you dont want to take it to the dealership then leave it. You are only need the first 4 gears in the Auto barely anyone use the 1st n 2st since no one tows with there accord and D3 is only good if you are tuning the  car.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 09:05:24 PM »

nothing is gonna happen. i've removed my console like 3 times and ive found change each time....change falls out of my pockets while i drive and it doesnt damage anything

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 03:15:52 AM »

Thanks alot guys!

LOL Tim

2006 AV6 6MT

CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 09:10:50 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Stop driving your car immediately!!  You may damage your car and maybe even die!!  This is dangerous.  Have your car towed to a dealership and have them remove it.  It is far to advanced of a process to remove it yourself.

Hilarious Tim fucking hilarious!

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012