Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:31:23 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Timing Chain Replacement  (Read 5910 times)
wai_pang2

Reputation Power: 1
wai_pang2 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 04:52:34 PM »

Quote from: "Skippy"
I've seen several K series over 100k miles.  Since asking about car mileage is kinda in the same nether region as asking a girl how old she is, I'll let Timmy fill you in on his car's mileage, but he's up there.  Timing chains are no new news to the market, honda and acura have had them since the introduction of the K series in 2002, ford has had them for a great number of years, and nissan has them as well.  I know you are speaking of a stock motor instead of a frank, but I have seen zero timing chain failures in my time at acura...and trust me...I've seen some pretty destroyed K motors...

I didn't really understand your second sentance "Since asking about car mileage is kinda in the same nether region as asking a girl how old she is"
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 05:41:53 PM »

Quote from: "wai_pang2"
Quote from: "Skippy"
I've seen several K series over 100k miles.  Since asking about car mileage is kinda in the same nether region as asking a girl how old she is, I'll let Timmy fill you in on his car's mileage, but he's up there.  Timing chains are no new news to the market, honda and acura have had them since the introduction of the K series in 2002, ford has had them for a great number of years, and nissan has them as well.  I know you are speaking of a stock motor instead of a frank, but I have seen zero timing chain failures in my time at acura...and trust me...I've seen some pretty destroyed K motors...

I didn't really understand your second sentance "Since asking about car mileage is kinda in the same nether region as asking a girl how old she is"

He saying how some women dont like people to know their age, some feel the same way about their car. As in they dont want people to know how many miles they have on their car.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
wai_pang2

Reputation Power: 1
wai_pang2 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 11:24:16 PM »

oh, thanks for clarifying that up for me.
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012