Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:41:02 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neuspeed cup kit or tein basics?  (Read 7069 times)
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 05:34:37 PM »

As for fluid leaking, you may see some around where the piston goes into the shock body. Comfort wise, the Neuspeed race springs are going to be stiffer than the S Techs you have now but I'd imagine the Cup kit and the Tein SS would be similar in comfort as you have adjustable dampening with both. You can always dial in what you feel comfortable with with either one.
i have the cup kit already z.

i think bang for buck the cup kit is a good deal. but everyone has tein. so there must be a reason. im thinking they must be more comfortable. and i think i have narrowed my problem to blown struts as i bottomed out yesterday morning on a slight dip on the road. seems like the front passenger side is blown for sure. can any other components cause a bouncy and unstable ride? ie, tie rod, drive axles, control arms, bearings?

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 09:14:59 PM »

The short answer is yes.  If you have the super cup kit, the Koni's have a lifetime warranty.  You may want to get that taken care of.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 05:45:54 AM »

i have the cup kit already z.
My bad. I completely forgot you had it. I think everyone has Teins for the simple reason that you can slam the shit out of them and raise it back up for winter. For the record, Tim's car was pretty comfortable on the Basics so I can't imagine what its like on his new setup.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 08:08:17 AM »

It's more comfortabler.  I'm glad I got the comfort sports.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 05:22:26 PM »

im taking in my car tomorrow to get this looked. its kind of confusing because all the symptoms of a blown strut arent there. only a bouncy ride. no major clanks or oil leaks.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 02:20:06 AM »

For the record, not all symptoms will show at the same time. You may get one or all. Its hit or miss when it comes to diagnosing shit unless it just str8 blows the fuck up.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012