Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:00:11 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neuspeed cup kit or tein basics?  (Read 7072 times)
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2010, 12:14:27 PM »

I think it is coming to the point where my struts will need replacing. First of all what are signs of worn out struts. My car has become slightly more noisey when passing over bumps. But has defenietly become alot more bouncy.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 12:25:46 PM »

What you've already experienced plus you could have signs of the hydraulic fluid in your shocks leaking. If I were to choose between your suspension options, I'd go with the Supercup kit. The shocks that come with it have adjustable dampening where the Tein Basics do not. The Tein Basics on the other hand, have height adjustability which would be beneficial to you when the snow months come around.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 01:13:35 PM »

ive said it before and i will say it again, coilovers are the only option in my opinion but i will advise to get some that have the adjustable dampening. its better to spend more and do it right the first time.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 02:34:38 PM »

If you can afford it, get Tein SS. Can be had for less than $950 shipped XLR8, and you get height and dampening adjustment. I can't afford $1000 suspension for NYC roads, but if I could that'd be my choice. Depends on how much you want to spend you could also just get replacement struts and re-use your lowering springs.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
Mr Eazy

Mr Eazy pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 03:23:41 PM »

I think it is coming to the point where my struts will need replacing. First of all what are signs of worn out struts. My car has become slightly more noisey when passing over bumps. But has defenietly become alot more bouncy.

Check out my part out thread, I have a brand new set of Tokico Adjustable dampening shocks and eibach sport line springs. I can work out a deal with you for the total with shipping to be less than the supercup kit. I will make it worthwhile if your interested.

Arie
2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 04:49:12 PM »

Arie, he won't be able to use your front springs since he has the K.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mr Eazy

Mr Eazy pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 05:12:23 PM »

Arie, he won't be able to use your front springs since he has the K.

Good point. I can still hook him up on the Shocks Smiley

Arie
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 06:17:01 PM »

Hustling. LoL. Cool

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 09:47:05 PM »

I had the Tein Basics for a while, and I was okay without the damping adjustability.  I now have the Tein Comfort Sports and it's pretty nice having the damping adjustability.  I also like the option to adjust the height.  For me, that's pretty important since I live in an area that has snow.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 10:50:17 PM »

im thinking that i like the cup kit for its price and dampening adjustability. also im thinking i will buy a new kit since it comes with 'free race springs" therefore i can sell the springs i have now. but i like how easy it is to adjust the height on coilovers. i will think to upgrade to the tein ss. and it will probably come down to price

thanks for all the feedback everyone. where do i check for a fluid leak along the top or bottom?
also in terms of comfort. what is the better option cup kit w/ race springs or tein ss?
thanks once again. happy new year to all

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 04:38:03 AM »

As for fluid leaking, you may see some around where the piston goes into the shock body. Comfort wise, the Neuspeed race springs are going to be stiffer than the S Techs you have now but I'd imagine the Cup kit and the Tein SS would be similar in comfort as you have adjustable dampening with both. You can always dial in what you feel comfortable with with either one.

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 07:36:42 AM »

I used to have tein ss installed on my ride. For being coilovers they were really comfortable. I also had the edfc, so adjusting them was a piece of cake.  I would recommend getting the edfc so you can adjust them as you please. In regards to height, I would make sure you lube them real well so they don't seize in you.

CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 11:18:26 AM »

On the softest setting the Supercup kit is pretty bouncy, in order to get it to a nice no-bounce ride you have to stiffen it up a lot which can be uncomfortable for some.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 11:25:05 AM »

I agree completely
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 05:57:27 PM »

It used to be nice ride on the softest setting. But now it bounces around like on the stiffest setting

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012