Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:41:02 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble installing Neuspeed Strut tower bar on my 7.5gen  (Read 9698 times)
JulsV6

Reputation Power: 2
JulsV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2010, 09:59:23 PM »

:wtf:

JULIE MDVACM Squad #11
07 WHITE AV6 COUPE
06 GREEN/BLK KAWASAKI ZX6R
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 10:10:42 PM »

Raise the car to take the load off. You will need a rubber mallet. Do not put it all the way on on one side. Kind of even it out and start to tap until fully installed.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 10:14:22 PM »

Thien is 100% correct. When you jack your car up the chassis will flex making the towers further apart. If the bar fit on easily it would serve no purpose because it wouldn't be preventing any movement.
JulsV6

JulsV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 10:21:40 PM »

I raised it up... because I came to that thought too...only thing i dont have is a rubber mallet to tap it until fitted. i guess that's what i need to grab and try this again.
Thanks fellas.

JULIE MDVACM Squad #11
07 WHITE AV6 COUPE
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 07:59:24 AM »

+1 to what Thien and Mike said.  I've had to take my Neuspeed STB off multiple times and that has always been my method.  Check out Harbor Freight for a rubber mallet.  They have them pretty cheap.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 08:33:04 AM »

You can also use a regular hammer and a block of wood.......

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 09:24:27 AM »

Ohh yeah! :oops:   Facepalm to me.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 09:31:47 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Ohh yeah! :oops:   Facepalm to me.

It's how I did mine and I didn't even think to suggest it. Double facepalm to me!
JulsV6

JulsV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 10:05:26 AM »

Lol thanks guys. I'm goin to see if I can grab me a mallet today on my way home from work, if not I'll try the wood n hammer trick Paul suggested. I'm goin to try and nail this tonite and hope those deng mosquitoes don't attack my sweet blood like they did last night.
Oh and harbor n freight is in Woodbridge. I go there every now and then. It's not too far from me but I don't think I will headin that way this weekend. But thanks for makin that suggestion. I'm probably better off findn a rubber mallet at walmart or home depot cuz they're closer.
.... Just hoping I get this bar on this weekend. Tryin to tackle this one all by myself. It was supposed to be a simple diy job!

JULIE MDVACM Squad #11
07 WHITE AV6 COUPE
Lemonjelly

Reputation Power: 6
Lemonjelly pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 10:13:26 AM »

Once you get the mallet the job will fly. After I got over the initial shock of how off my STB was and decided to try raising the car and using my mallet it took me ~5 minutes to get everything buttoned up and get on the road.

Steve - NECM #4

Knocturnal84

Reputation Power: 4
Knocturnal84 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 10:31:03 AM »

HMMM had this same problem too. Raising the car didnt really help too much in my case so i took all the 5 bolts off of one strut and and used my knee to pushed the wheel down a bit till the strut bar went over the threads

Sean Artsen
BrianCrower K24
FLCM #6 Tallahassee Subsquad Leader
#6 on the PHI line of the Seshait Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi
JulsV6

JulsV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 11:27:29 AM »

Glad I'm not the only one... I was really startn to think somethin went wrong with the measurement when they built my car lol. Cuz how come it fit my buddies car but not mine?... I didn't think 7gen n 7.5gen had any change with suspension measurements. Glad u all can provide me input on how to go about with this. Thanks again!!

JULIE MDVACM Squad #11
07 WHITE AV6 COUPE
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 11:44:15 AM »

That's how we roll!

Tim
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 12:26:51 PM »

Juels, get a "Dead Blow" hammer, it is rubber on the outside, but is filled with eaither sand or shot, it will sound like a moracha when you shake it and has alot more power behind it.

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
JulsV6

JulsV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 03:25:55 PM »

Hrmm a morocca tool?! I'll see if I can find one. Hope I don't start goin ADD and dance around the neighborhood doin the salsa with it. Lol.

JULIE MDVACM Squad #11
07 WHITE AV6 COUPE
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012