Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:59:06 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KSport Coilovers  (Read 3113 times)
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2010, 02:30:22 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07-Ho ... ccessories

Does anyone have any experience with KSport coilovers? These have pillow ball upper mounts on front and rear so no need for a camber kit out back...Any advice on these would be appreciated! I'm looking to be able to get low and have a decent ride, hence the adjustability on these.  Thanks
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 03:09:31 PM »

Quote from: "slipkord"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07-Honda-Accord-Ksport-KP-Coilovers-CHD10-KP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45f3373715QQitemZ300433225493QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Does anyone have any experience with KSport coilovers? These have pillow ball upper mounts on front and rear so no need for a camber kit out back...Any advice on these would be appreciated! I'm looking to be able to get low and have a decent ride, hence the adjustability on these.  Thanks
Pillowball mounts have nothing to do with whether or not you need a camber kit.  You need a camber kit because Honda decided to give the Accord a better suspension design, but not to include adjustable camber.  The suspension design of the Accord is what requires you to get a camber kit, not pillowball mounts.

Some coilover kits will include camber plates, but that is for MacPherson strut design.

- Mark
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 03:16:06 PM »

OK, well regardless of my incorrect statements, thanks for correcting me Mark. Does anyone know much about KSport. Reliablility/Warranty/Durability/etc...
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 04:39:04 PM »

Quote from: "slipkord"
OK, well regardless of my incorrect statements, thanks for correcting me Mark. Does anyone know much about KSport. Reliablility/Warranty/Durability/etc...
No problem.. just wanted to educate folks Smiley

I know people that have KSport.  I'm not sure about reliability and durability, since I haven't asked people about them.  Just an FYI, there's a good chance that the manufacturer will not warranty the product if purchased through eBay, especially if that eBay seller is not an authorized reseller.

- Mark
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 07:47:31 PM »

K-sport are to me are junk. My friend had them on his EJ8, and they blew out after 6 months. K-sports in general are too stiff. I'd rather get Tein Basics over any K-sport coilovers. This is just my 2 cents.
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 07:53:19 PM »

After research I've heard the same thing Thien
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 10:52:36 PM »

I wouldn't go with the K Sports Jeremy.  You know the deal with the Tein Basic's though.  I'd get them instead.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Nexson
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
Nexson pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 11:53:11 PM »

I have had tein stechs with koni yellows, I have ground controls with koni yellows, I then had tein SS, now I have Ksports.

Ksports by far have the best ride. All the previous suspensions bottomed out to often and had a rough ride, even the SS at times. With the way that the ksport shock adjusts, it helps to the car to not bottom out because the spring is pre-loaded. Ksports really adjust weird, to adjust height, you have to release the rear seat on the front and rear, a little bit of a pain, but once you set the height, your good to go. You adjust the height by moving the whole shock up and down on the threads.

It took me about 2 weeks to play around with it, but the ksports by far have had the smoothest ride, they glide over bumps, and the big loud thumb is a thing of the past in most cases.
alpha

alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 12:21:27 AM »

Quote from: "Nexson"
Ksports by far have the best ride. All the previous suspensions bottomed out to often and had a rough ride, even the SS at times. With the way that the ksport shock adjusts, it helps to the car to not bottom out because the spring is pre-loaded. Ksports really adjust weird, to adjust height, you have to release the rear seat on the front and rear, a little bit of a pain, but once you set the height, your good to go. You adjust the height by moving the whole shock up and down on the threads.

It took me about 2 weeks to play around with it, but the ksports by far have had the smoothest ride, they glide over bumps, and the big loud thumb is a thing of the past in most cases.
Bottoming out is a consequence of your compression and your rebound being too soft.  That means it's compressing too fast and is not rebounding fast enough.

Unfortunately, all your setups included one-way shocks.  You could adjust compression and rebound together, but not separately.  You may have had them set too soft.

All of your setups also included the spring being preloaded.  Unless, of course, you dropped the car too low.  You start losing preload when you go too low, and you completely lose it when the spring rotates freely when the suspension is drooping.

Bottoming out is a factor of spring rate, compression, and rebound; more so the shock damping.  If the K-Sports have a higher spring rate, they more likely are damped stiffer, which could be the stiffer damping that helps to not bottom out.

I'd actually like to see a shock dyno on the K-Sports; more than likely, a shock dyno on the K-Sport shocks will show the shock to be substandard.

- Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012