Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:53:17 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scratch/Scrap from Front Left Suspension  (Read 3316 times)
dotLK
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
dotLK pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2009, 02:08:38 AM »

I keep hearing a scraping/scratching sound every time a go over a big bump the freeway.

Any had these kind of issues before? Recently just installed the Neuspeed cupkit.

Could it be the brake bracket on the shock? I have it faced in word with the KONI logo pointing out words.

Thanks
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 05:59:55 PM »

Well are there any scratch marks that you can see to determine what's causing it or where it's coming from? Do you hear it on the right side or the left side?

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

dotLK
Fucking Newb

dotLK pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 06:32:14 PM »

I'm hearing it on the driver side. But when I take off the wheel and and try to determine the cause can't find anything.

At first I same it was the brake bracket on the shock but i rotated it but still there. checked if it was the tire rubbing and couldn't be as i'm only running the TL base wheels.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 07:37:03 PM »

What do you mean by the "brake bracket"?  In no way should any part of your brakes be touching any part of your suspension.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 08:51:21 PM »

The way it's described it sounds like a leaky shock/ strut. I'd check for any kind of fluid leak around the strut body.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
dotLK
Fucking Newb

dotLK pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 10:17:17 PM »

Tim what I mention by the brake is the welded bracket that came with the shock on the driver side.

I'll definitely have to take the wheel out again and examine it carefully. Drove if again and thought I was rubbing a bit but that's not it.

Hopefully not a leaking strut but if that's the case I probably got one of the bad struts that was manufactured recently.

Update: just jacked up the car and didn't notice any oil spots by the shock. Will take the wheel off when I get home a do another check.
dotLK
Fucking Newb

dotLK pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 11:57:37 PM »

So I think I found the problem. Jacked up the car and removed the wheel and inspected the wheel well at every possible angle. Looked inside and noticed that one of the bumper clips had shavings and one had fallen off. Was kind of greasy but not sure where its from, couldn't find a source.

Is it possible for me to rubbing on TL base wheels running 245/45/17? I'm set on the lowest perch all around.

Folks with the supercup kit please help out.

Thanks
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 09:47:56 PM »

I can guarantee that if you're too low on TL wheels with 245's and no modification to your fenders,  you will rub.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
dotLK
Fucking Newb

dotLK pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 11:46:38 PM »

Tim, thanks for the info. Looks like its time to roll the fenders...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012