Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:03:04 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: thoughts and opinions on coilovers  (Read 3111 times)
driveaccord

Reputation Power: 3
driveaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: July 02, 2009, 11:38:54 AM »

I want everyone who is riding around on coilovers or some other setup who is basically riding around with no wheel gap to talk about how there ride is and if your happy with it. Me being new to having my coilovers want some insight about your experience with your setup. Its been only a few days with my tein basics installed and the ride is pretty bouncy (i have no wheel gap).  Do you guys hear your suspension making noises..ex popping, compressing of the shocks, or anything else?? Maybe its because my basics are not broken in yet but I wanted to see what peoples thoughts and experiences were with riding low...thx everyone

Mr Eazy

Reputation Power: 8
Mr Eazy pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 12:05:06 PM »

The setup on my V6 Sedan is: Tein Type Basic Coilover, Ingalls Front Ball joints, Ingalls Rear Camber Kit, TL-S Rear Sway Bar, OEM V6 6mt Front Shock Bar

I just recently dropped my car  to no finger gap in front and minor tuck in the rear. I love the look and the performance. However, driving in New York City Streets is a BITCH. If I don't pay attention, my front lip would scrape at almost every bump. The only noise that I hear are from the Ingalls front ball joints, DON'T GET THEM!!! They have overexposed nuts on top. If I hit a bump hard enough, which isn't really hard at all, I would hear the balljoint/front knuckle hitting the chassis/fender area. This is getting fixed this weekend when reinstalling the OEM ball joints.

Since you live in FL, you can survive with the low ride.

As some insight, since you only have your basics for a few days, they have to be broken in. As the suspension breaks in, your ride height will decrease even more. But I'll tell you this, the basics are probably the best setup for our rides because even when dropped, your ride still feels somewhat like the OEM suspension.

Arie
2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 01:50:25 PM »

i love my tien ss coilovers w/ pillowball mount. no gap in the rear and a finger or two in the front. adjustable damper and height. a bit bouncy and a little bit of noise but imho performance is the main reason for a drop, not appearance. so do it right the first time and go with coilovers.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
driveaccord

driveaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 04:04:34 PM »

thank you both for posting....im hoping the ride will get better as they break-in

Mr Eazy

Reputation Power: 8
Mr Eazy pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 04:16:26 PM »

Quote from: "driveaccord"
thank you both for posting....im hoping the ride will get better as they break-in

It definitely should. Especially since you have the basics.

Arie
2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 04:17:32 PM »

Ours arent bouncy except for on dips in the road, they ride very comfortably but I dont ever hear any noises such as creaking and what not. Oh yeah and we're on Basics as well with Ingalls rear camber kit with close to no wheel gap.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
driveaccord

driveaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 07:16:50 PM »

Quote from: "Abailey4"
Ours arent bouncy except for on dips in the road, they ride very comfortably but I dont ever hear any noises such as creaking and what not. Oh yeah and we're on Basics as well with Ingalls rear camber kit with close to no wheel gap.
Quote from: "Mr Eazy"
Quote from: "driveaccord"
i should have said that they ride smooth under normal driving conditions and only really bounce like you said if there are dips in the road...i also have the ingalls rear camber kit and rear tl sway bar

It definitely should. Especially since you have the basics.
thats what i want to hear :smile:

InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 03:07:00 AM »

I got the Ksports and they are on the stiff side with the horrible road conditions here in NY, but I'm content with my setup. You shouldn't have a problem once the coilovers settle, plus the roads in FL are way better than up here. Give it some time. You won't regret it.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012