Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2024, 01:21:31 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1892314 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8580 on: April 11, 2016, 06:03:12 PM »

Drove down to my welder and picked up my new radiator and a few other small pieces.  Hoping to get 6th gear replaced in my transmission and have it all buttoned up tomorrow if the weather is nice enough.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #8581 on: April 11, 2016, 07:38:07 PM »

good-ridge is going to send me some new SS lines. A+ customer service

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #8582 on: April 13, 2016, 08:07:27 PM »

Bumped my fan temps up to 190on and 170off. Also, been priming the fuel a couple times before starting. So far so good. Now onto diagnosing a low rpm surge/hesitation which has resurfaced over the last few weeks.

Rich
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8583 on: April 13, 2016, 10:29:42 PM »

Glad to hear that has helped Rich.  The surge in idle can be due to a vacuum leak.  I had a wonky idle on my car too.  When I pulled the blower off, I found a crack on the bottom of the plenum creating a vacuum leak.  Check everything on your intake manifold and make sure you're not missing something.  It's tough to find a leak, but you should be able to with smoke or a propane torch (unlit).  Because you have DBW, it's definitely not the IACV. Cheesy

I was able to relocate my alternator down about 1/2" and get the clearance I needed with my intake manifold plenum.  I also shipped off my #5 cam tower to get modified for an oiling upgrade modification.  Tomorrow I will need to pull my oil pan to replace my timing chain crank gear with an upgraded keyed version.  I guess some of them have been prone to breaking in high hp set ups.  Hopefully I'll have time to dig in to my transmission and replace 6th gear.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8584 on: April 14, 2016, 04:38:25 PM »

Did some grinding today to clearance from my plenum from my water pump housing and so I could get rid of that stupid intake manifold thermal gasket. This should be helpful in making more power now that the injectors will be properly spaced from the intake valves.

I also worked on cleaning a few things up on my blower set up and should be ready to pull my oil pan to swap my timing chain crank gear.

Tim
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #8585 on: April 14, 2016, 05:27:18 PM »

Ordered some jack stands, and detailing/cleaning products.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8586 on: April 16, 2016, 12:20:24 AM »

Pulled off my oil pan and cleaned it out.  I have the Moroso oil pan, and it has a top baffle/second windage tray.  The hole in that for the dip stick to pass through was too small and it would be difficult to get the dip stick in.  I pulled that baffle off and enlarged the hole.  I also pulled off my oil pump and replaced my timing chain crank gear with the TD Autowerkes upgraded keyed gear.  My L19 head studs and Radium fuel filter also showed up today.  Everything is slowly coming back together.

Tim
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #8587 on: April 16, 2016, 04:47:20 PM »

Got the rest of the Works on, put my driver's side window visor back on, and tried to remove the rear seat belts, but #stubbornbolts then I went for a wash.
Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #8588 on: April 17, 2016, 09:37:49 PM »

Glad to hear that has helped Rich.  The surge in idle can be due to a vacuum leak.  I had a wonky idle on my car too.  When I pulled the blower off, I found a crack on the bottom of the plenum creating a vacuum leak.  Check everything on your intake manifold and make sure you're not missing something.  It's tough to find a leak, but you should be able to with smoke or a propane torch (unlit).
I would think a leak would produce a CEL. Also my idle is fine its just driving. I'm constantly fighting to keep throttle constant. I saw in a log on the highway where the TPS% went from 23% to 16%.

This weekend I pulled the IM and cleaned it out with some TB cleaner. Saw a little oil mist in there. Routine cleaning of the EGR valve. Also gave her a much needed wash and put the Works back on.

Rich
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #8589 on: April 17, 2016, 10:20:33 PM »

^  hey rich I got a question. I might have the issue as you. So for some reason my car won't start with the clutch in *even with the clutch switch bypass*. It just acts like you didn't push the clutch in and just won't turn over. It is random and I just have to pull the key out, and lock the door and then try again.

Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #8590 on: April 18, 2016, 06:42:45 AM »

Ken, mine always turn over. We're pretty sure it's because I have a return line that over time all the fuel runs back to the tank from the rails. This requires priming a couple times before starting. So far it's been working.

Do you at least hear a tick when this happens...

Rich
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #8591 on: April 18, 2016, 08:55:39 AM »

I do not hear a tick when it does not want to start. The best way to describe it is when you try to turn the car without pressing the clutch. I have already ruled out alternator and battery since those were all changed out.

It is also not the clutch switch because I put a paperclip to jump the signal.

I tweaked my rear camber today. So hopefully that will help with doing the toe adjustment. -23* toe is just awful on the tires
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 04:26:03 PM by thisaznboi88 » Logged

Rich01

View Profile
« Reply #8592 on: April 18, 2016, 08:28:27 PM »

That's a weird one Ken.

Rich
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #8593 on: April 19, 2016, 11:40:06 AM »

Scheduled an appointment for an alignment
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #8594 on: April 19, 2016, 12:53:48 PM »

Okay I think it is the starter that is sticking again. I turned the key to day and click no start. Hit it with a wench and it started right up. So looks like I need to do a warranty claim on it.

Fixed the wife CRV a/c. I was missing an O-ring that was why it was leaking freon. Now it holds pressure.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 07:15:06 PM by thisaznboi88 » Logged

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012