Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:41:09 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slowmotion Custom J30 Turbo Kit Dyno Graph  (Read 6485 times)
Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: May 01, 2012, 09:05:10 AM »

While I don't have all the details yet, I plan on calling them this weekend to get more info on this build...and more importantly who it was as I am the only modded Gen7 in Columbus that I know of; although it could also be a Gen 6 Accord since I believe that had the original J30's?

Although the gains are modest (especially being that its an auto tranny), it is only running 8psi.  Anyone have any thoughts or opinions?  I will update this once I get a price from them as to cost for fab/install/tuning.

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 10:10:32 AM »

290 to the wheels at 8 psi is a pretty solid gain...
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 10:38:08 AM »

sounds pretty weak for a turbo kit. i remember paul saying he would get similiar gains from his na builds.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 10:43:16 AM »

...as I am the only modded Gen7 in Columbus that I know of

There's a blue k24 sedan in Columbus making 350 whp/400 tq on stock internals.  I know the owner.  Grin

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions?

I'd avoid Slow Motion.  I've heard a lot of horror stories about that shop.  Even the guys that think Corey is a great tuner will tell you to stay away from that shop for anything but tuning.  I've even talked to people that have been screwed over by them when getting tuned too.  They're pretty shady over there.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 01:12:35 PM »

sounds pretty weak for a turbo kit. i remember paul saying he would get similiar gains from his na builds.

Maybe but I can't imagine the Accord AT holding up well with anything much higher than that.  I'd be interested to see how long it even lasts at the current hp/tq numbers. 
Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 01:13:02 PM »

...as I am the only modded Gen7 in Columbus that I know of

There's a blue k24 sedan in Columbus making 350 whp/400 tq on stock internals.  I know the owner.  Grin

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions?

I'd avoid Slow Motion.  I've heard a lot of horror stories about that shop.  Even the guys that think Corey is a great tuner will tell you to stay away from that shop for anything but tuning.  I've even talked to people that have been screwed over by them when getting tuned too.  They're pretty shady over there.

My apologies, I did forget about that one...and it is one sexy ride!  The only work I ever had done at Slowmotion was my Coilover install...and everything has been fine to this point, but it seems that they have gone downhill more recently.  Few years ago, say 04-06, they had guys bringing their Honda's all the way from Cali and beyond to get work done and be tuned; but I am with Tim as their reputation for doing shoddy work has increased over the past 2-3 years.  Main culprit is that most of the original members of the staff who did all the custom fab work left for various reasons and they replaced them with shitty customizers.

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 04:10:44 PM »

That's why I'll pass on getting tuned there.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012