Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 10:19:47 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 05 V6 auto tranny issue?  (Read 8112 times)
White_Out
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
White_Out pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2011, 11:39:00 PM »

IMO my car just shifts rough..both on upshift AND downshift..ive never driven a car where i can actually feel the car downshift...now ive done a bunch of searching all over the internet and other than shifting rough my car has none of the other signs of an auto tranny failing..its been doing this consistently for about 10000 miles..hasnt gotten worse but it hasnt gotten better either.

-Its worse when its cold..gets much better when its warm tho
-1st to second is the most noticeable rough shift with all the others being a bit better but still noticeable
- ive driven my buddies 06 civic and it just doesnt feel the same way my car does...you dont feel the downshifts AT ALL and hell even the upshifts arent all that noticeable

this just worries me because i had a 6thgen that had to have the tranny replaced and when i got this 7thgen i figured these problems would be over...guess not

My question is what can i do to help fix these rough shifts? already had the tranny oil changed...would tougher motor mounts plus maybe one of those NRG engine torpque dampners help this situation??

anyone with any similar problems i would really appreciate the input and any help
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 06:51:43 AM »

You could have a bad motor mount or tranny mount. I can tell you that every 7th gen V6 auto I've driven you can feel the shifts. I've only drive a few of them but, I know mine does it and my tranny was rebuilt last year.
White_Out
Fucking Newb

White_Out pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 10:51:19 AM »

Thanks for the reply bro!...i guess thats a little comforting to know that other 7thgens are doing it as well...i just feel that i have to baby this car or else the tranny is gonna go..its not really a problem i guess...im not trying to race this thing..but its just a pain cause i literally get nervous at every shift hoping it will shift smooth

lets say my motor or tranny mounts werent broken but i upgraded to polyurethane mounts anyway..would this help the problem?
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 12:42:15 PM »

Might make it worse a harder mount will increase that amount of movement felt in the interior.
White_Out
Fucking Newb

White_Out pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 01:16:27 PM »

damn lol..well thanks for the help anyway

is this just something that all 7thgen v6 owners deal with and accept? i have no problem with the rougher shifting if its what the tranny does normally...if its a problem tho thats when i have a problem...thanks for all the help again man
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 11:05:09 AM »

The Honda J Series trannies aren't exactly known for being that great.  That being said, I know that Mike has more experience with Accord V6 trannies.  I don't think anyone makes better mounts for the J though.  I could be wrong though since I don't know much about J's.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 11:24:24 AM »

Xcelerate and Innovative make mounts for the J

http://store.excelerateperformance.com/innovative_mounts/innovative_steel_motor_mounts/g-53361.aspx

http://store.excelerateperformance.com/xlr8_performance/xlr8_engine_mounts/g-60889.aspx

The front and side mount in my car are poly filled from a member on here, and I have a good amount of increased vibration and sound in my interior.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 11:52:27 AM »

I have a good amount of increased vibration and sound in my interior.
Giggity.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
White_Out
Fucking Newb

White_Out pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 12:46:14 AM »

Xcelerate and Innovative make mounts for the J

http://store.excelerateperformance.com/innovative_mounts/innovative_steel_motor_mounts/g-53361.aspx

http://store.excelerateperformance.com/xlr8_performance/xlr8_engine_mounts/g-60889.aspx

The front and side mount in my car are poly filled from a member on here, and I have a good amount of increased vibration and sound in my interior.

thanks for the links man..def. gonna look into those
Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 01:06:24 PM »

I have had the exact same issues with my 05 V6 Tranny, but it is a non issue.  I had the problem looked by 3 seperate shops and they could find nothing wrong, so I think its just the way to car is.  I have gotten used to it and actually found out how to have some fun with it. 

On a seperate note, the reason you don't feel any downshifts at all in the 06 Civic is because the 2006 model year is when all Honda's went to Drive-by-Wire systems (which I personally HATE, so be thankful you have an 05).  The DBW system is designed for that specific purpose: To keep the transmission smooth and controlled as to avoid any potential damage to the car.  But it also takes any fun out of driving as the computer now controls everything (to an extent) instead of the driver.

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 01:21:33 PM »

Ben, all 7th Gen J Series Accords are DBW.  The only 7th Gen Accords that have cable controlled throttle bodies are the 03-05 K series.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
White_Out
Fucking Newb

White_Out pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 05:26:22 PM »

I have had the exact same issues with my 05 V6 Tranny, but it is a non issue.  I had the problem looked by 3 seperate shops and they could find nothing wrong, so I think its just the way to car is.  I have gotten used to it and actually found out how to have some fun with it.  

On a seperate note, the reason you don't feel any downshifts at all in the 06 Civic is because the 2006 model year is when all Honda's went to Drive-by-Wire systems (which I personally HATE, so be thankful you have an 05).  The DBW system is designed for that specific purpose: To keep the transmission smooth and controlled as to avoid any potential damage to the car.  But it also takes any fun out of driving as the computer now controls everything (to an extent) instead of the driver.

Thanks for the info man...but yeah like timot_one said my our cars are DBW systems lol...

im glad u mentioned that u feel the same issue with the tranny tho man...im beginning to think this is just how our cars are...i mean its not bad and im probably over exaggerating  it..but the fact remains that when i drive other hondas or other makes..i really dont FEEL the car shift..its more just the RPM's go down and thats about it...in my car i can feel it shift and with the trouble i had with my 6thgen it just worries me

thanks for all the help guys
Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »

Ben, all 7th Gen J Series Accords are DBW.  The only 7th Gen Accords that have cable controlled throttle bodies are the 03-05 K series.

Then I was definitely given some mis-leading information.  I remember reading somewhere that ALL 03-05 were cable controlled, but perhaps the person meant to say K-series and just didn't.  Thanks for clearing that up Tim

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2011, 09:47:38 PM »

You should ignore anything that person ever says in the future.

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012