Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:39:18 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clutch Problem - Please Help Asap  (Read 6010 times)
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: September 29, 2010, 06:14:28 PM »

this happened to me JUST today about 20 mins ago. came home and as i was pulling in my gate, my car would not go into 1st gear while i was at idle. i left off the clutch, messed w/ shifter a little and then it went into 1st.

i put it in reverse to park and as i'm letting off the gas and clutch, the car keeps moving by itself!? wtf? yes, as i was letting off the clutch and my foot NOT on the gas, the car was moving. i could NOT get the car out of reverse no matter how hard i tried! i ended up stalling the car. after that i messed w/ the shifter again and eventually got it out of reverse. i noticed that i have to put my clutch pedal a lot farther than normal.

i test drove it again in my parking lot after this and it went into 1st, 2nd and 3rd fine. i pulled in a spot, reversed, and again, i could not get it out of reverse!....i finally parked the car and went back out again just now to see if anything...i am able to push the clutch pedal all the way to the floor and it seems there is no pressure on the pedal. is my clutch completely gone or is there something else? i can't really check it out as all my tools are at work and if i can't drive it to work, well, this fucking blows and i am so tight on money right now.

could something possibly have gotten wet? we've gotten a lot of rain in florida over the past 24 hours and my car has been wet the whole time.

please help if you have any idea what this could be. i'm really hoping my clutch isn't gone!

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 09:14:09 PM »

Could be your master cylinder. If it's going to the floor it may be leaking through the MC and not engaging properly.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 05:12:52 AM »

Possibly even your slave. How long ago was your clutch replaced? Or is it the stock one? Any information you can provide will let us help you better.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 08:11:31 AM »

It sounds like it's your clutch master cylinder or your slave cylinder.  Check your fluid reservoir and see if you have any fluid first.  If not, fill and bleed it.  If you have fluid, have someone step on the clutch.  If the reservoir fills up with fluid as the pedal is being pushed down, then you need a new clutch master cylinder.  Try that first and let us know what happens.  If you want, you can PM me for my number and I can try to help you out.  I've dealt with a ton of clutch problems and know the hydraulic system well enough to help you troubleshoot it.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
MTsixspeed

Reputation Power: 2
MTsixspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 09:00:44 PM »

what happened with this???

-Chris, CM81 J30A4
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 09:16:24 PM »

I haven't heard from Rich since I don't know if other have.
MTsixspeed

Reputation Power: 2
MTsixspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 10:05:17 PM »

Maybe he sold the car because of it! You never know, though. I haven't been on the site in months before today!

-Chris, CM81 J30A4
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 10:40:48 PM »

Rich seems to pop in every now and then when he has a problem, then disappears until the next problem arises.  It's a pattern.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 05:56:51 AM »

And here I thought I was the only one to notice that.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
rich

rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 06:01:46 PM »

hey hey hey none of that now lol. sorry guys but been crazy busy in my life right now. huge life changing experience w/ me within the last week! new job, fucking a shit ton more money than i was making at shitty best buy. i am in georgia right now til monday, i go to michigan for a week, then cali for about 2 weeks

i am doing electrical contracting for my girlfriend's dad's company. making just about 9x what i was making at best buy.

my car is sitting outside my condo now. it hasn't had this problem at all. my friend drove it 1 day too and said he didnt have to pump it so i guess maybe some air got in the line but its all good now.

i will be selling the car sometime mid next year though once i get all my bills settled (a lot quicker w/ the new job!)

for sale!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 10:39:56 PM »

Keep an eye on that Rich.  I had a similar problem, which it eventually failed permanently.

Tim
rich

rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 11:18:03 PM »

gonna end up getting a new car after the new year probably...hope it lasts til then lol....i do however need new front CV joints once i am back home...$300 for parts/labor

for sale!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012