Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 03:19:50 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transmission Upgrates for auto  (Read 21670 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 12:52:29 PM »

Quote from: "Ryann84425"
Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Thank you for your insight, It seems that I really need to sit and do the math between wheater it's cheaper to source the parts, and let you attack my ride or if it's cheaper to trade my car in for a v6 6 speed.

let him attack your ride  ;)

I'm thinking that i'm going to have to start saving coin. If i'm going to send my car down there i'm probably going to have move done than just the auto to MT swap.
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 01:34:15 PM »

If planned right we can everything in place so it would only be a 2-4 day trip for you.

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 03:47:17 PM »

There are a few other things involved with AT to MT swap when performing the swap on coupes. As far as I know (Skippy can add to this), there is an electronic intake runner control solenoid, lighter pulleys, variable and dual intake runner system, and some suspension differences. I suggest you do plenty research before attempting a swap, or just upgrade your torque converter using level ten products. I heard about some of their Corvette and Camaro projects and those Automatic cars smoke a lot of MT cars of the same horsepower and driver skill.

-JT

NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 04:22:49 PM »

The runner control solinoid is NOT required, the wiring will be there with the new engine harness and if you find a MT intake it is nice, but really doesn't do a whole lot.

Oh, and I have already swapped 2 7th gens , 2 6 th gens, and 3 2nd gen TLs in the last year.......

Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 02:13:52 PM »

Not saying it was 110% required either. Just implying that if you are going to do a project, it would be nice to set everything up the way it was meant to be from factory, that's all :)

Accord Euro-R

Reputation Power: 5
Accord Euro-R pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 10:50:54 PM »

I am going to happily let Paul attack my car once I get the necessary $$$$

"Euro-R" Concept - USDM CM82
LiquidX

Reputation Power: 1
LiquidX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 06:32:45 PM »

Very good information here, But with these prices i might just upgrade to a 2007 v6 6sp EXL sedan. But if i ever go through paul, it will be a 3.6l build :mrgreen:

k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 07:09:42 PM »

can we use the tsx AT with the tiptronic feature? i been wondering if that would work and has anyone done it?

LiquidX

Reputation Power: 1
LiquidX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 07:52:14 PM »

A guy on v6p swapped his shifter assembly for one out of a 99 tl, i dont know whether he got the tiptronic to work, but the interior looks much nicer with the stairway shifter. I know nicepeta swapped the pedal shifters out of a tl or tl-s and got them to work on his v6.

NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2009, 08:13:27 PM »

No, I did not get triptronic to work properly, I needed to get the TL ECU rekeyed and did not have access to the programmer needed at the time.

NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2009, 08:15:50 PM »

Quote from: "k24low20z"
can we use the tsx AT with the tiptronic feature? i been wondering if that would work and has anyone done it?

Good skippy question for the 4cyl...

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2009, 09:10:41 PM »

I've seen someone else ask him about this, and I believe it involved quite a bit of work, the ECU etc.
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2009, 11:33:31 PM »

I agree with Paul about Level 10, not the best option. As for the swaps, not impossible, just not fun. Paul. I am curious, in your experience. What is the total cost, parts and labor, to do this?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2009, 11:57:40 PM »

Quote from: "NVA-AV6"
Quote from: "k24low20z"

Good skippy question for the 4cyl...

I believe it was already determined that it is a waste of time and money.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2009, 05:52:39 AM »

Quote from: "skizot"
I agree with Paul about Level 10, not the best option. As for the swaps, not impossible, just not fun. Paul. I am curious, in your experience. What is the total cost, parts and labor, to do this?

To do what a V6 AT-MT conversion???

Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012