Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:25:32 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your "go to" detailing products?  (Read 40759 times)
RTexasF

Reputation Power: 2
RTexasF pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 08:39:32 AM »

Glass and wheels too! It really makes wheels sparkle. It is especially good at cleaning the barrels but of course that requires pulling the wheels off of the car.

Got to's in no specific order---------

Dura Gloss car wash
Poorboy's Spray & Wipe (couldn't be without it)
Wet Paint Glaze
Menzerna Intensive Care polish
Menzerna Final Polish
Duragloss Aquawax (actually a sealant)
Duragloss #105 sealant
Poorboy's Bold & Bright (tires, interior plastic)
Sprayway glass cleaner (cheap, tint safe)
Detailer's clay (whatever is on sale)
Stoner's More Shine (tires, engine, wheel wells)
Porter Cable random orbital buffer
Cyclo dual orbital buffer
Lake Country buffer pads
Optimum Spray Wax

Rick, token old bastard.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 09:18:54 AM »

Where can Poor Boys Products be purchased I've been looking for something new to try on the interior. Also, are there any interior cleaners that help to reduce the collection of dust?
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 11:28:13 AM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Where can Poor Boys Products be purchased I've been looking for something new to try on the interior. Also, are there any interior cleaners that help to reduce the collection of dust?

Poor Boys depending on where you live can be found at random auto supply stores. In my area their products dont exactly pour off the shelves but I can sometimes find it. As for the interior dust I can recommend a specific product but I think you have to look for something that's static resistant which is what causes the dust build up.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 11:31:05 AM »

I've never seen Poor Boys stuff in the New England Area. I'm going to have to look for something anit-static.
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 11:36:58 AM »

I've never seen Poor Boys stuff in the New England Area. I'm going to have to look for something anit-static.

The real reason I know about the static thing is because of my tv. Ash and I bought a 42" plasma about a month ago as well as a black glass tv stand for it, and surround sound. Well the plasma as well as all the other electronics create so much static electricity within one day of havin everything set up my glass shelves on the stand looked like they had been sitting there for a year without being dusted.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 01:05:45 PM »

Have you found a product to use on your glass shelves I have the same dust issue around my components and I've never even thought of the static adding to the problem but, it makes sense!
RTexasF

Reputation Power: 2
RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 01:19:30 PM »

I've never seen Poorboy's anywhere except on line.
http://www.poorboysworld.com/

I'm not aware of any interior products that are anti static. I use a small version of the California duster on the interior to keep dust down.

EDIT!!
I just discovered this about Aerospace 303, one of my favorite products for the dash and other areas:
Routine treatment with 303 can virtually eliminate UV induced fading and cracking. 303's premier product, 303 Aerospace Protectant, is the world's most powerful sunscreening treatment for vinyl. It is water-based, contains no petroleum solvents or silicone oils, restores lost color and leaves a surface that repels dust, dirt and oil-based stains.

Have you found a product to use on your glass shelves I have the same dust issue around my components and I've never even thought of the static adding to the problem but, it makes sense!

Finish Kare #425 can be used on the paint, glass, plastic, Plasma & LCD screens, etc. and is anti static. It REALLY adds bling to any finish. Not meant for dashboards or porous items.

http://www.fk1usa.com/products-consumer.htm  (scroll to #425)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:28:14 AM by RTexasF » Logged

Rick, token old bastard.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 01:46:36 PM »

Rick you are the man!!!!
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 05:23:03 PM »

Nice Rick! And to answer your question Mike I have now! LOL!!!

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 07:46:35 PM »

I've been sticking with the NXT line of products.

I use:

NXT wash
California Water Blade
Absorber shammies
NXT 2.0 Liquid Wax
Meguiars Rubber/Vinyl protectant for the interior
Stoner's Invisible Glass
NXT or Stoner Tire shine
Lint Roller for the black upholstery
Swiffer Dusters for the dash
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »

Anyone else use a california water blade?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 10:53:48 PM »

I've heard not so good things about it, but have no experience using it.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 11:10:22 PM »

I must admit to using one but, only on the windows. Works great when there is frost and it defrost so you don't get the damn water spots on the glass. I'm never been brave enough to use it on my paint. Although we've used it on the wifeys camry with no real ill effects.
Sworkhard

Reputation Power: 1
Sworkhard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 01:31:10 AM »

Don't have a really long list but here the are:
Wet paint
Pinnacle Leather and Vinyl Cleaner - this stuff cleans amazingly well.  Better than the peoples and meguires stuff I tried first.
Pinnacle Leather Conditioner - works well and smells great too.
303 aerospace protectant

That's about it

[size=150]Stephen[/size]
03 Accord EX-L 5MT
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 09:53:49 AM »

Wet Paint
Mothers Carnuba Gold