Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 02:49:53 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alignment Issues  (Read 2742 times)
Accord1234

Reputation Power: 1
Accord1234 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2009, 09:31:44 PM »

Heres the story. 2005 Accord, 4cyl. STOCK Springs and STOCK Shocks. Car pulls to the left, so I bring it to get an alignment at the shop. Guy tells me 89.99 I said ok and left.
About an hour later they call me up with a problem. Tells me that my Toe and Cross Camber is off and that on Honda's only the Toe can be corrected which would stop the tires from wearing but a 50/50 chance it would stop the pulling. He told me the only sure way to stop the pulling would be a camber kit cause on Honda's the camber is non-adjustable. He quoted me on Ingalla's ball joint assembly #35591 for 90 including labor then the other 90 for the alignment. I think he crazy so I walked out. Any advise? Do you have to add the camber kit just to align? If so only one ball joint? Doesn't the car have four? All I want is for the car not to pull.
I got the specs from the print out.
Front Left Camber 0.4
Front Right Camber -0.4
Cross Camber 0.8 (which is in red)
Front Left Toe 0.23
Front Right Toe -0.19
Total Toe 0.04
Any help is much appreciated as to what do I do next?
Thanks guys
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 11:25:12 PM »

This does not belong in "General Discussion".  We have a "Suspension & Chassis" forum for a reason, please use it.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 08:19:40 PM »

To be honost, you are border line on cross camber, and that will not cause any tire wear. From the reading you have provided, you car should pull right. I don't think you need a camber kit at all, and the guys are pretty much trying to get every little penny out of you. I do alignments on a daily basis. Hell, I did 5 alignments today.
Accord1234

Reputation Power: 1
Accord1234 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 09:54:50 PM »

Thanks man. So why is this shop of mine making such an issue of an alignment? So your basically saying just bring it somewhere else? I was thinking the dealership. They told me it would be 95 dollars. For the 5 dollar differnce I'd rather it done right. And yea it does pull left, actually hard to the left. Cause if I'm on the parkway and let go of the wheel it will just change lanes by itself.  Pain in my ass always having to hold tight on to that wheel.
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 10:15:47 PM »

If it pulls left, it might be a tire pull. Try cross rotating the front tires left to right. If it pulls right, then you need a new tire.

As you can see from the print out, you exactly borderline on cross camber, but you are in spec for individual camber. They see red, and they assume that it is an required replacement that needs to be fixed ASAP.
stirfriedferret

Reputation Power: 2
stirfriedferret pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 10:22:53 PM »

They just want your money, as Thien stated above.  As it is, your camber is fine. You shouldn't notice any tire wear due to camber, but they should've gotten your toe right on the dot at least (your front left tire might wear a bit on the inside, but not noticably).  Also, as Thien as stated above, you will pull to the right a little bit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012