Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 09:49:27 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lowering Advice  (Read 7459 times)
toinkee69

Reputation Power: 2
toinkee69 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 12:31:32 AM »

Quote from: "ikethegreat"
There is no way to keep the ride at "stock comfort" and be low enough to have your tires line up with the bottom of your fenders.  It's just not going to happen.

true dat!

-jowell
SOCalCM squad leader
Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 01:05:09 AM »

Quote from: "Latin2nr"
I want the top of the wheel to be even with the lip of the wheel well,
I really, really don't want a bumpy ride, anything close to the stock ride is perfect

Well, I'm on Koni Yellows and Eibach Pro-Kits sitting on the lowest perch in the rear and second lowest in the front.  I still have almost a finger gap between fender and wheel.  With the Konis set to full soft in the front, the ride is bearable on 18s.  I've gotten used to the ride but every time I get in Gen's coupe which is still on stock shocks it's like getting into a Cadillac compared to my ride.  I don't think there is any way to get the comfort of stock suspension with the drop you're looking for.  It's a trade-off you're going to have to live with.

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 09:56:28 PM »

This really should have been posted in the Suspension & Chassis forum.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Latin2nr

Reputation Power: 6
Latin2nr pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 11:07:02 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
This really should have been posted in the Suspension & Chassis forum.

Sorry Tim, I guess you fixed it.
Thanks.

Life's A Drift, Hang On Never Look Back

EliteCM/NYCM Squad   Team CrazyCreashunz   AutoClubNation.Com
Sworkhard

Reputation Power: 1
Sworkhard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 12:05:04 PM »

Look into the eibach pro system especially if you have a v6.  Near stock ride and improved handling.

This guy claims it rides like stock and its still a huge improvement in the looks department overstock.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/sho ... p?t=161904

[size=150]Stephen[/size]
03 Accord EX-L 5MT
JDMJNKY

Reputation Power: 2
JDMJNKY pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 12:00:52 AM »

Tein S-techs & stock shocks have done it for me!!!  100K on them and barely loosing comfort due to driving habits. Canyon, hills, roadways, corners, all of it excessively. I do believe I will try Function type II's next. Along w/ Upgrading the factory suspension bushings. Now that I know how to make adjustable links, I will do that as well for the rear.

Forgive & Forget, disrespect and redeem!!! Wink
JDMJNKY's ULTIMATE FOR SALE THREAD LISTING! <=== Click me
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 03:01:18 PM »

My new setup consists of HFP struts and Eibach Sportline Springs made for the 06-07 Coupe, they have a more even drop. The ride is a perfect balance of smooth and stiff, allowing for a great daily driving experience. I highly recommend this setup for looks and ride. I will post pics of this new setup soon but right now I like seeing my car with somewhat of a "smart" wheel-gap. Looks nice to see the entire tire tread for a change. The ride is night and day with sleeve-over suspension as well.

-JT

v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2009, 03:21:07 PM »

ive got the HFP suspension and it feels exactly like stock.  no noticeable stiffness difference, but you can feel a difference when cornering.  the drop is a bit uneven front to back which slightly pisses me off but not enough to change the drop.  i also live in downtown boston so my roads are shit, which is why i didnt want to go too low and tear up my wheels on potholes.

all in all i love it and it would be my reco.

J u s t i n
Sworkhard

Reputation Power: 1
Sworkhard pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 11:07:25 AM »

I've got neuspeed sport springs with koni sp3's on my car and they ride very close to stock (I couldn't tell a difference, except over really big bumps) but handling seems to be much improved.  With the perches set on middle front and back I have a 2 finger gap up front, and 1.5 finger gap in the back but it would probably be perfectly flat if not for the audio equipment in my trunk.

[size=150]Stephen[/size]
03 Accord EX-L 5MT
LvaC03NyC
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
LvaC03NyC pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 03:53:33 PM »

I also live in NYC and am looking for a nice drop for my car....I recently saw a 03 sedan dropped and I asked the dude and he said he was riding on sprint shocks....any info on those?

Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012