Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:53:55 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: which coilover and y???  (Read 13133 times)
03accord
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
03accord pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2009, 03:46:29 PM »

hey like the titlte states which coilover is the best and y in ur opinion??
buddy club n+spec
tein ss
tein ss-p
tein flex (only avail for tsx but fit our cm 5,6,7,8)
k sport pro
skunk2

now the reason im starting this is because i will in the market for new setup with in a year im guessing. im currently on tein ss. love it but hate it at the same time. what i dislike is the fact that are a bit soft for me at it's stiffest setting. love the adjustabillty factor of them, overall great setup. i would buy another set,  but with the pillowball mount for sure. im looking into buddy club and other's because they lower and raise the height on the shock body and not affecting the spring and shock travel. the teins dont do that unless i go with flex.
so please help me make up my mind for when i need to buy new coilovers.
thanks in guys
03accord (victor)

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 04:50:21 PM »

I have a set of Tein Basics and I'm very happy with the ride.  If you're looking for a stiffer ride than the SS, then you probably wouldn't like them.  I also considered the Tein Type Flex's over the Mono Flex's.  The Mono Flex's have a higher spring rate.  You may want to pay attention to the spring rates of the suspensions you're considering also.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 08:00:31 PM »

I'd stay with tein. I've never read a bad thing about them.
rocketstarter

Reputation Power: 3
rocketstarter pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 02:31:59 PM »

Tein offers a rebuild package. check into it. you can get them revalved to match your desired spring rate, pick the height of your spring and MAYBE even ask for a shorter rod. That way you'll have EXACTLY what you want

“I like my coffee like I like my women. In a plastic cup.”

S60R NO MO

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 2 K
rocketstarter

Reputation Power: 3
rocketstarter pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 02:35:49 PM »

i completely forgot, I don't know if they still do that but you could inquire a form to fill out with the desired dimensions of yoru suspension and they'll do the math for you

“I like my coffee like I like my women. In a plastic cup.”

S60R NO MO

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 2 K
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 08:33:22 AM »

Quote from: "rocketstarter"
i completely forgot, I don't know if they still do that but you could inquire a form to fill out with the desired dimensions of yoru suspension and they'll do the math for you

I never knew this.. Very interesting.
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 11:59:37 AM »

I've been using SBC Coilovers from eBay. They are Megan racing Generics. Treated me good so far for a sleeve over system. I am running mine on HFP struts and they go really low. I will post a product review after 1 year from install.

Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 12:11:45 PM »

Tein SS-p's with EDFC is they way I'll probably go next time.  I got the Basics because of the price(before the price hike) and because it was primarily for Ashley and she didnt need anything other than a drop. For my own personal driving style I need a lil more adjustment.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 01:08:10 PM »

I'm currently in the market for suspension, and wish I had gotten into modding my accord before this "Price Hike" the tein stuff is killer expensive now!
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 10:07:52 AM »

^^^This is true. Sort of like what happened to Greddy and Comptech. I saw a Greddy Evo exhaust that used to go for $550 shipped, at $1469 shipped on eBay.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 10:19:28 AM »

I hate it I may go with the full HFP suspension just because of the low price
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 10:21:05 AM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
I hate it I may go with the full HFP suspension just because of the low price

The shocks are bulletproof but you will soon move on from the springs and get something else. the 1" subtle drop only keeps you happy for so long.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 10:24:35 AM »

I can get the full set up for 600 I'm hard pressed to find anything near that number plus i'm pretty sure this is the only option that won't give them a way to argue with a warranty claim on the tranny etc. Also it doesn't require the use of a camber kit right?
Blackhawk

Blackhawk pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 10:28:58 AM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
I can get the full set up for 600 I'm hard pressed to find anything near that number plus i'm pretty sure this is the only option that won't give them a way to argue with a warranty claim on the tranny etc. Also it doesn't require the use of a camber kit right?

Might as well get the Neuspeed Supercup kit. $600 shipped and you get 4 Koni Shocks and a free set of Neuspeed Race Springs.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 10:54:38 AM »

But I will need the camber kit, and IT's not a honda part so opens me to warranty issues.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012