Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 06:59:29 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3D Printing Thread  (Read 5473 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« on: November 19, 2014, 11:45:19 PM »

Unless you've been living under a rock recently, 3D printing has become pretty popular. I actually just built one myself (Bukobot v1), so I thought I'd create this thread to share ideas for things that can be printed.

I'd totally be willing to print stuff for you guys. I got tired of browsing through Thingiverse (which mainly has gimmicky stuff - I want practical things that I can use), so shoot me any and all ideas that you guys can come up with and I'll print and send it to you for a miniscule fee to cover the materials.

Currently I can print two kinds of plastic: PLA, which is very strong but brittle, and ABS, which is more flexible but harder to break. And yes, the strip club LED lighting was an add-on.  Cool
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:50:26 PM by Jeff » Logged

ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 07:07:13 AM »

Wow that is pretty awesome.  How much did it cost you to build?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 09:32:02 AM »

Jeff, I need a 3D printed heart. Has to be functional. Can you make that happen?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 10:11:39 AM »

That's awesome Jeff. We need to talk. I'm sure there are a few things that I would need.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pascal

Reputation Power: 4
Pascal pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 12:54:38 PM »

3d printing is great for making custom enclosures for electronic projects. It doesn't have an excellent strength tho, because of the layers not really bonding together. We printed a custom plenum for our Formula student car and the runners broke over the vibration. structural bracket and stuff can be made but you need them to be beefy enough so it doesn't break

thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 11:33:27 PM »

now where my gun templates...  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:40:01 PM by thisaznboi88 » Logged

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 07:16:17 PM »

Jeff what programs are you using to make the models?

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 12:10:03 PM »

I do happen to have some gun models...

The total cost was around $700-750. There were about 16 of us at work who purchased parts together to save on shipping. The kit itself is about $1400 if you don't want to buy parts separately.

And Z, I do have some black filament, so I could print you a custom heart just for you... Tongue I kid.

I use Solidworks to design whatever I want, then use software called Repetier Host to slice the part and control the printer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012