Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:20:23 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tech Gear Thread  (Read 112157 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2010, 04:05:09 PM »

Since a lot of you guys are geeks and you bring a lot of tech shit into other threads, I figured this would be a good spot for everyone to talk about gear they have or want.  I'd prefer to keep the discussion non-car related since we already have forums dedicated to that.  Let's keep the topic on other gadgets.

Anyway, I'm looking for a new bluetooth headset for my cell phone.  They usually break every 6-12 months.  I've already had 3 different Motorola ones, and went through 2 LG ones.  I'm looking for something else that may be better quality and doesn't sound like total dog shit.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »

I've had good luck with products from jawbone

http://www.jawbone.com/
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 10:51:28 PM »

For some reason, I've always thought they were clunky and stupid looking.  The other part is that I've never had one that was remotely comfortable.  I'm waiting for the one that my company is making to become available.  They use a similar design that they use for in ear headphones, and they're super comfortable.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 06:46:45 AM »

I agree the most difficult thing with Jawbone is finding one that doesn't look stupid but, they do work well
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 07:57:29 AM »

Do they fit well?  Comfort trumps looking stupid.  I'm still holding out for a different one that I think will work better.  Those jawbone ones look just as cheap as the other ones I've used.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 09:25:20 AM »

They fit me well but, my ears are huge.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 09:54:27 AM »

Tim, I have never been able to find a comfortable earpiece and finally picked up an in car solution (you already know what it is). The car was my only reason to source the handsfree to begin with. Is handsfree driving your reason for the inquiry?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 10:00:26 AM »

I misspoke earlier.  I should have said comfort instead of fit.  Actually, who am I kidding?  The ones I've used always fit like shit and fall out on top of being really uncomfortable.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 10:13:46 AM »

Exactly why I stopped looking for those things because they never fit right, fell out of my ear, uncomfortable, and just an all around pain in the dick.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 10:43:34 AM »

Z, I have hands free bluetooth in my car already.  It sucks.  Alpine just can't get it right, and I'm not willing to use something that isn't integrated into my audio system.  I installed a Parrot in Robyn's car, and I am very unhappy with it.  She hasn't used it in 8 months because it took a dump. 

I'm really looking for a wireless hands free headset that I can use in and out of the car.  An in car only solution just won't cut it.  I have a wired headset, but the wire just gets in the way and makes using it cumbersome.  I've already mentioned the fact that I'm interested in getting the headset my company will start selling in another week and a half.  I just wanted to see if there were any other functional, elegant, and comfortable solutions that you guys may know of.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 10:50:54 AM »

I got ya man. That sucks that the Parrot in Robyn's car took a shit. There's always duds. Anyway, I wish I could help out in this particular instance but my advice isn't going to be much help since my experience is with earpieces that I didn't care for and my Parrot kit that's still going. As for wired, you're absolutely right. They are very cumbersome and the only way to get around that is a bluetooth earpiece or tuck the wire under your shirt. Obviously, you want the bluetooth solution so the second option is not going to even be considered.

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 12:13:11 PM »

Is there a thread somewhere about the Parrot? I don't want to go into full detail since it's car related but, how does it work with say my navigation, and my soundgate auxiliary adapter?

Hearing about this makes me want to get one now for my Droid, haha.

Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 12:20:32 PM »

ive always been a fan of the plantronics headsets.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 12:26:11 PM »

Jeff, check out Parrot's site.  They have some decent stuff.  Maybe I got a dud.  I also know that Honda blamed my install on her headlight issue, even though my install was nowhere near the headlight switch.  I think they just used it as an excuse to charge her to fix a known issue that should have been TSB'd.

Which one do you have David?  Is it comfortable with decent sound quality (for both ends of the call)?  Plantronics has been manufacturing communications headsets for a long time. 

Tim
status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 01:10:10 PM »

The best blu tooth ive ever had has been the ps3 one. It's clear on my end and is clear on the other end. Mind you I've used it for like 4 or 5 phones. But I usually wear it for hours while drunkenly playing mw2. It's comfy. I used to wear it for hours at a time.

-Alec
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012