Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 11:16:39 AM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 432791 times)
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 10:31:05 AM »

Glad they took the time to include video chat!!! To bad you can't keep the signal stong enough to fucking use it. Yet another piece of over engineering while ignoring something simple.
Video chat, or FaceTime, only works over WiFi anyway.

If I were to use FaceTime, I'd probably call someone while having the camera pointed at my nuts..  just for kicks..

- Mark
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 10:36:26 AM »

Well, the iPhone can be made into a wifi hotspot as well as just straight up tethered to your computer. The issue I see with the 4 is the fact that the banding on the sides are the antennas of wifi as well as cell. I haven't messed with the 4 but have no issues with the 3g or 3gs. Te sales may be due to the hype but the simplicity of them is what keeps customers that already have previous generations of it. Personally, I don't play into the hype and waited at least halfway into the life of each generation before I made a purchase. I also do the same with the OS updates. Maybe it's due to the fact that I enjoy having a jailbroken iPhone where it becomes open source and I can mess with it.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 11:06:28 AM »

i agree with mike, t-mobile is great. never had any problems with service, when i had my iphone 2g they even told me how to get the pic messages available to receive.  also when i had my 2g i actually had better service then the stupid moto rokr t-mobile provided me.

-Alec
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 11:59:09 AM »

That's quite true.  I hate T-Mobile because anyone I talk to that has a T-Mobile phone is impossible to understand, regardless of what phone they have or what phone I have.  Realistically, I'm not about to make any switch any time soon.  If I move to a different area of the country, I want to see what network is strong in the area I'm moving to first.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 12:17:34 PM »

Well, the iPhone can be made into a wifi hotspot as well as just straight up tethered to your computer. The issue I see with the 4 is the fact that the banding on the sides are the antennas of wifi as well as cell. I haven't messed with the 4 but have no issues with the 3g or 3gs. Te sales may be due to the hype but the simplicity of them is what keeps customers that already have previous generations of it. Personally, I don't play into the hype and waited at least halfway into the life of each generation before I made a purchase. I also do the same with the OS updates. Maybe it's due to the fact that I enjoy having a jailbroken iPhone where it becomes open source and I can mess with it.

So why not buy a phone that is already open source?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 02:12:43 PM »

That would be like saying to me or anyone else on this forum for that matter, "Why not buy a car with greater aftermarket support?"

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 02:53:30 PM »

That’s not it at all. In fact its more like saying buy a car from a manufacture that doesn't void your warranty when you modify it to your liking.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 03:01:58 PM »

This was motherfucking brilliant!!

http://www.break.com/index/iphone-4-vs-htc-evo.html

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 03:26:05 PM »

I'll have to check that out when I get home. The only thing to consider is that the EVO is not the mecca of Droid phones, and Sprints network might be the only one shitter than AT&T
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 03:37:49 PM »

Watch it, it's teh funnay. 

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 05:50:55 PM »

Tim that video is a conversation I have every fucking day! It explains this whole thing to a T.
status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2010, 12:19:42 AM »

holy shit tim that was awesome! im gonna go to wal-greens right now! laugh laugh laugh

-Alec
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 01:41:06 AM »

what do you guys think of t mobile mytouch 3g slide am due for a upgrade since my blackberry is always messing up on me

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 07:35:28 AM »

It's a solid phone. It's not running the latest android OS at this time(Only on Nexus One, HTC Incredible) but, I'd expect them to provide a software update to it (FROYO 2.2). I wouldn't hesitate to pick that up. It reminds me a lot of the G1, and that thing is a work horse of a phone. Mines been beaten to shit and I still have 0 issues.

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 11:28:30 AM »

Android 2.2 looks pretty nice with the Flash 10.1 support.

Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012