Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:16:09 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 432507 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2010, 09:54:08 PM »

Well Tim asked for it and here it is... Post all your cell phone questions/reviews and things of that nature in here. Lets keep it calm though I know we have some fan boys (myself included) Instead of arguing I would like to see everyone remain open minded, and use any opinions and information to benefit them.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:47:30 AM by gargantula99 » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 04:22:56 PM »

List those 4 phones again Mike. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 04:27:17 PM »

I listed 3 but, I'll give you 4 since the droid X comes out next month.

1. Nexus One
2. HTC EVO 4
3. Droid X
4. HTC Incredible

On par with the I phone's I'd put

1. My touch slide
2. Droid
3. G1

Alot of people also like the Palm stuff. I don't like the OS but, alot of people love it.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 05:26:31 PM »

Which ones are not touch screen only phones?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 07:43:59 PM »

droid, my touch slide, g1. not sure about the droid x
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 08:00:43 PM »

I still have a hard time believing those phones are better. Something that I have always thought is that it is good to have few good things. I think android has spread itself out too much. I'm assuming all those use the android os so that's at least 7. Apple designed the os for the phone.Why would you have both touch screen and button? I think the sales speak for themselves. Apple sold 600,000 iPhone 4's in 9 hours. They sold 1.7 million from 06/24-06/28. If it wasn't the best phone, it wouldn't be the number one selling phone.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 10:01:20 PM »

I was one of those people that bought an iPhone 4, and I do agree that it is an amazing device, it's fast, the screen is beautiful... etc etc. But just because people buy more of them without even thinking for a second does not necessarily  make it a better device. Android phones offer more features such as turning a phone into a wifi hotspot that may give them the edge. The iPhone 4 signal issues that have been popping up don't bother me, but would lead to others to state that it is a major issue. The Android phones also come with flash which gives you access to the actual internet, not just part of it like the iPhone. I know there are mobile webpages designed for it, but I personally like viewing a full website.

The reason that I got an iPhone over and Android phone is simple. I like having all my music in iTunes and want an iPod and a phone in one. Android phones have great media players, but they will never surpass (in my opinion) the ease of use that the iPhone has given when it comes to its media integration.

I haven't looked into Palm too much to make any sort of valid statement on their phones.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:03:29 PM by Paulius005 » Logged

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 10:38:25 PM »

I still have a hard time believing those phones are better. Something that I have always thought is that it is good to have few good things. I think android has spread itself out too much. I'm assuming all those use the android os so that's at least 7. Apple designed the os for the phone.Why would you have both touch screen and button? I think the sales speak for themselves. Apple sold 600,000 iPhone 4's in 9 hours. They sold 1.7 million from 06/24-06/28. If it wasn't the best phone, it wouldn't be the number one selling phone.

Well the selling numbers are about the hype, and the fact that it has been out so long. Apple over hypes everything. As far as your OS argument it fails because if you do your homework you will realize that android is optimized for each device not, to mention the fact that its open source so you could access the code and change it if you want. If you want to be tied down and restricted to what you can do thats fine. The only thing the Iphone has over android is that it can be used as an ipod. Other than that I really can't see anything.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 10:49:18 PM »

Which phone gives the best head?

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 11:11:50 PM »

When you find the phone with that feature it will be at the top of my list no matter who makes it.
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 12:15:35 AM »

Well with the iphone you can give head over video chat?

The phone's main purpose is to revolutionize phone sex.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 08:22:47 AM »

You mean you can watch a video of someone pretending to give you head.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 08:23:54 AM »

Glad they took the time to include video chat!!! To bad you can't keep the signal stong enough to fucking use it. Yet another piece of over engineering while ignoring something simple.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 09:17:42 AM »

Yeah, well it seems that a lot of phones have that problem.  I think a big thing is the carrier that you have though.  The iPhone will only be as good as AT&T's service in that area is.  I drop calls like crazy on my BB Tour.  I guess Verizon just sucks balls in central MA.  I also have the same over engineering problem with my Tour.  A lot of the features on it are great, but the browser is slow as frozen dog shit and a simple thing like my phone not playing the ring tones I have it set to.  My biggest issue is that Verizon does not deliver consistent customer service.  Depending on who you talk to, they may tell you to update your software or a different person may tell you that you need to replace your phone.  I had one guy say he couldn't do anything for me except sell me a new phone at full price.  I almost jumped over the counter to beat the living shit out of him for saying that.  

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 09:56:50 AM »

I know your not a fan of T-Mobile but, I'd have to say that there customer service has always been incredible to me. All issues I’ve had have been resolved very quickly and professionally. I also don’t have any issues with dropping calls. There are a few areas where it’s a little weak but, I suppose you get that with any carrier.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012