Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:33:10 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guns: Long Arms, Side Arms, Shotguns, Etc...(not "gat's")  (Read 59829 times)
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2013, 05:31:19 PM »

Get a Colt Python .357 Magnum.  Make it be heard through out the neighborhood that nobody messes with Mike.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2013, 06:50:40 PM »

A larger size gun like a glock or Springfield XD. Depending on how much you want to spend and how much you want to go play with it, I would suggest a 1911, but they're pretty expensive

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 28, 2013, 07:56:47 AM »

For those of you who purchase ammo regularly, which sizes are easy to find in stock these days? 
exelr8
Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2013, 09:29:35 AM »

Ammo really varies on a few factors. Like:  location, the hoarders in your area, day of the week. Plus, it's whatever the distributors decide to send out. Things are starting to look up and most of the popular calibers are becoming more readily available

SECM Squad #3...kinda
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 18, 2014, 07:25:27 AM »

So I'm about to purchase my first (and probably only) handgun.  I would like something new and I want to keep it under $600.  My two main requirements are reliability and cost/availability of ammo.  Also, my petite wife has to be able to handle and shoot it.  After doing some research my number one choice seems to be a Glock 19 4th gen.  Anyone have one that can give some insight?  Recommendations for other guns are welcome as well. 
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2014, 06:50:34 AM »

After. My last gen 4 glock 19 I don't really want to own another glock. Glock is very appealing because of it's known reliability and zero break in. Mine was having problems ejecting so I called them and was treated like shit.

Ike, how do you plan to employ the handgun? Strictly home defense, home defense and concealed carry(if applicable in your state), or strictly concealed carry? In your budget, you have a pretty wide range of options. Personally, I would suggest a Smith and Wesson M&P 9c paired with a Comp-tac MTAC holster for deep concealment. The m&p9c is very reliable, about the same dimensions as the glock 19, better trigger(personal preference), and 9mm is very cost effective.

SECM Squad #3...kinda
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2014, 07:21:28 AM »

Strictly home defense.  From what I've heard, it is almost impossible to get a concealed carry license in MD.   Sad      My wife has expressed a desire to learn to shoot so I'd like something we could both learn on.  I'll definitely take a look at the S&W. 
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 19, 2014, 08:58:45 AM »

Depending on the size of her hand, a Springfield XD9 would be another great option. My best suggestion is to find a legal gun range that rents firearms. Find which one fits in both of your hands comfortably, rent a few of them, shoot, and make your decision which one you like best.

SECM Squad #3...kinda
accordguy04

Creeper

Reputation Power: 14
accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2015, 09:37:22 PM »

Well it's time,  I'm out on my own and I want a handgun.  So I'm treating myself for my birthday. Talked to a friend back home and he made a few suggestions, just looking for something for some range time, not really home defense or looking to carry.

Today I went around and got my hands on a Glock 17 9mm, Springfield XD9 and Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm.  So far the M&P is the front runner.  There is still one that I want to get my hands on before I commit, Walther PPQ.  Everything I've read/watched about it sounds amazing, but it's proving a bit hard to find.  I'm gonna a call Cabela's and see if they have one.  I'm going home for my birthday next week and it's on the way, so fingers crossed.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 27, 2015, 09:37:19 AM »

In that same price range, I really like the fn herstal fnx-9. And the Sig P320(had the best factory trigger of anything I've owned).

SECM Squad #3...kinda
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2015, 07:23:23 AM »

In that same price range, I really like the fn herstal fnx-9. And the Sig P320(had the best factory trigger of anything I've owned).
Hmm I'll have to check em out.  The trigger is why I want to check out the Walther, nothing but praise from what I've seen.  I stopped by a local shop on Monday and while they didn't have it, they could get it for a pretty good price.  So I'm gonna stop by Cabela's on my way home next week (confirmed 2 in stock), get my hands on it and decide.  They come with a 4" or 5" barrel.  You think an extra inch is worth an extra $100? I hate to admit, the only reason I'm even thinking about the 5" is because it looks badass.  But I don't plan on carrying... so a bigger gun isn't really a problem.

-Ryan

Hello, My name is Ryan, and I can't spell Thein's name right when its clearly shows it in his username.
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2015, 03:45:03 PM »

Well... found a shop right down the street that had one... and now I have one. Smiley

-Ryan

exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2015, 05:23:56 PM »

To answer your barrel question, it's a matter of preference. Yes a longer sight radius makes a gun more accurate, but when it comes down to it, a lot of it is shooter ability. Now that you have one, practice practice practice! A gun you can't hit your target with is just a paper weight.

SECM Squad #3...kinda
accordguy04

Creeper

accordguy04 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2015, 09:34:10 PM »

Already on it!

-Ryan

exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2015, 11:47:23 PM »

Nice! Are you right handed?

I went to the rang the other day. Practiced drawing and shooting 5 rounds then re holster and repeat. That was about 75 rounds at 9 yards because I was too lazy to change targets.

I'm pretty happy with this $300 glock lol.

SECM Squad #3...kinda
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012