Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:09:58 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guns: Long Arms, Side Arms, Shotguns, Etc...(not "gat's")  (Read 59830 times)
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2010, 11:28:36 PM »

Ok so who out there has/knows about firearms?  There is a big convention coming up this weekend out side of Philly.  I have a hand gun, and have grown up with them my whole life.  I want to get a couple of specific's though:

M1 Garand WW2
http://www.thecmp.org/images/CMPSpecialComplete.jpg
Mauser WW1 http://www.abwehr-us.org/Mauser_98k_03.jpg
M1944 Mosin-Nagant http://www.abwehr-us.org/M1944%20Mosin%20Carbine.jpg
[/list]

These a few rifles are probably some of the best (battle) rifles ever made.  They are also very collectable.  But I plan on using mine...that is when I get them.  These weapons are also off the "radar" of the gov't list of "assult" rifles.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:34:08 AM by sherker55 » Logged

Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 12:07:23 AM »

Talk to JT and Skippy.  They are knowledgeable about firearms.  I lost the right to bear arms, so I'm not into guns.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 12:12:44 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Talk to JT and Skippy.  They are knowledgeable about firearms.  I lost the right to bear arms, so I'm not into guns.

You felon!  I got a buddy who got busted with weed...with intent to distribute...and now he cannot either.

Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 02:58:03 AM »

The M1 is one of my favorites. A m1 in that condition that is not a reproduction would sell for a pretty good bit. If you buy an original M1 and plan on taking it out shooting it(while It would be a great joy) would not be a wise decision. It is best to keep something like that in a safe or collectors case. If you just want a reproduction rifle that you can(with less worry) do as you please, Springfield armory has a whole line of M1 reproduction rifles and a few "modernized" versions. I personally was excited and am anxious for my tax money to get here so i can purchase the newest addition to the springfield XDm line which is the XDm in a 3.8" barrel .40cal for conceal carry

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 09:37:11 AM »

Quote from: "exelr8"
The M1 is one of my favorites. A m1 in that condition that is not a reproduction would sell for a pretty good bit. If you buy an original M1 and plan on taking it out shooting it(while It would be a great joy) would not be a wise decision. It is best to keep something like that in a safe or collectors case. If you just want a reproduction rifle that you can(with less worry) do as you please, Springfield armory has a whole line of M1 reproduction rifles and a few "modernized" versions. I personally was excited and am anxious for my tax money to get here so i can purchase the newest addition to the springfield XDm line which is the XDm in a 3.8" barrel .40cal for conceal carry

I saw that in the latest edition of American Rifleman...I like the the Walther PK380 better though, and it is more likely to fit my hands...I have bear paws for hands... i.e. my wedding ring is size 13 and it's tight!   My Dad and Stepmom both got the Ruger LCP and they love them.

I want to get one of the Springfield reconditioned ones, like the one in the pic...all in all its basically a brand new gun.  I believe that SA MFG'd them originally as well didn't they?

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 09:51:52 AM »

Hey guys. My dad has a shitload of guns, and I don't know what to do with them. I was thinking about keeping this shotgun that his dad gave him, then also keeping one of the handguns for personal defense. However, from what I understand, I have to be 21 in order to be able to own a handgun. He has a .357 magnum, a revolver, a Buschmaster assault rifle, and some other handguns that I can't remember right now.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what kind of gun I should keep for self defense at the house? I know it'll be hard to say without having me post all the details, but I'll post back with more information whenever I get it. I remember him showing me this huge ass handgun (possibly the .357 mag?) all shiny with a huge ass scope on it, lol. I think he said it's more for hunting.

sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 10:20:41 AM »

Jeff, if you are now in possession of the guns that your father had, for whatever reason.  Hold on to them ALL.  It is your constitutional right to have each and every one of those guns, and it is unconstitutional to put an age requirement on them...the 14 year old "men" fighting in the revolutionary war were "old" enough to use them, so are you.  In uncertian times like we are facing now, you never know what will happen, whether it be next week, next month, or even tomorrow!  IN the event of a crisis, local or global, the only thing we can do is be prepared, be that with firearms, food, water, supplies, etc...if it comes to a point where people cant get any of the aformentioned items, they will try to take them from you, and hurt and/or kill you and/or your family for those items if they think it's necessary.  

Learn about each gun you have, and learn how to use them and take care of them.  Stock up on ammo, the more you buy now, the more you will save down the road...ammo has gone up dramatically ever since Clinton was in office...his administration destroyed MILLIONS of firearms, most of which were of american historical nature like the Springfield M14 rifle http://www.abwehr-us.org/U.S._M14-12.jpg.  

Here is a primitive, but good site that I found just last night.  It is a good source of firearms and some of their history, and is the basis on which I started this thread: http://www.abwehr-us.org/The%20Arms%20Forum.htm

Good luck, value your freedom, and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 01:59:55 AM »

Ok, here's a little update on what all my dad had. Starting with the smallest, was some cheapo tiny gun. Gonna get rid of that because it's worthless and unreliable. Next up is a Colt .357 magnum "King Cobra". All I know is that it's a discontinued collector's item, and that my dad loved it. I'm going to keep it. Next is a Smith and Wesson .44 magnum with a scope on it. May sell it because it's pretty darn big. Better suited for hunting probably. After that, there's a Bushmaster AR15 semi-auto assault rifle. Going to sell this too because of the impracticality. So in the end, I'll have the King Cobra and the family shotgun. Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 10:44:52 AM by Jeff » Logged

wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 09:09:11 AM »

The AR15 is a sweet gun. I would keep that to mess around with.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 12:17:21 PM »

Specifics on the little crappy gun...
You better fucking keep that AR!  It is badass and a lot more practical than you think...I wish Z would chime in on this one.  A buddy of mine is in the ARMY and does special ops training and shit, but he doesn't see action anymore cause they send him all around to do training..."I bought one when I got home, cause I carried it around for so long over there, that I didn't feel comfortable with out it!"  this is because it's reliable, higly MODABLE, and extremely versitle and practical.  The 44 Mag is the one that "Dirty Harry" used...
andthe original
 if you haven't seen these scenes/movies, than you haven't lived.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 01:25:30 PM »

I can't remember what the small gun was, but a friend of ours who's into guns said that it's not worth keeping it. Also, the problem with keeping an AR around the house is that I'm going off to college in a couple months, and I'm obviously not allowed to have weapons on campus. If I did keep the guns, I'd be the only person in my family willing to learn about them. My mom and my stepdad hate weapons, plus I have two sisters, so I'd rather not have problems. It's all so very hard to think about, because on one token, I want to keep all the guns, but on the other token there's a line that should be drawn. I think if I kept the King Cobra, it'd be easier for me to hide from my family so they don't touch it. Plus, this isn't my house, and my mom would kill me if I had all those weapons stashed everywhere.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 01:26:09 PM »

Like Mark said, keep the AR15. You'd be an asshole if you sold it. Mark is absolutely right as far as the modability, reliability, and overall accuracy that weapon has. I believe it is a title 10(?) weapon meaning you have to have some sort of documentation from the ATF to own the weapon legally. I could be wrong about that. Each gun you named Jeff is keepable. Do not get rid of any of them because you are basically equipping someone else with something that could potentially harm you. If you do plan on getting rid of a small, unreliable weapon, destroy it instead of selling it.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »

If you don't have one already buy a gun safe.  you can keep it in a closet out of sight...out of sight, out of mind.  Don't lie about it to you mom and step father though...let them know that they are there, but that they are locked up and untouchable.  you can buy a decent gun safe for a couple hundrend bucks.  you don't need anything big and fancy.  you might even be able to fit them all in to a fire box, the AR15 would have to broken down though.   Also, if I were you, I wouldn't go letting anyone or especially any Gov't offices know about the weapons.  You may need to have a firearms card though, other wise you won't be able to buy ammo...but if were my, I'd play dumb...Your dad gave them to you, you put them in a safe and haven't thought of them since.

Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 03:35:04 PM »

Its been a minute since this thread has been bumped and I decided to do just that. I've been considering different options for concealed carry and want to hear people's opinions. I'm not a fan of 1911's so don't suggest them. I'm looking for lightweight enough to carry in the small of my back or on the side. I don't want a bitch gun either (pocket pistols). I'm looking for something between sub compact and compact. Not interested in full size hand guns. Remember, this is a concealed carry I'm looking for and a full size makes it a bit more difficult and also weighs more. Thoughts?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 01:24:47 AM »

I would recommend the springfield xd3 in a .40 cal or if you really want a mangun, check into the glock 36( I think)

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012