Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:18:04 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recipe Thread  (Read 39954 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 09:29:11 AM »

Speaking of Italian food, here's a recipe that I love to make.  This requires some special equipment, but if you don't have a pasta roller, you can go old school and use a rolling pin or just buy fresh pasta.  Fresh pasta is highly suggested, but you can use dry pasta if absolutely necessary.

White Sauce Sausage & Pepper Fettucini
Fettucini
Ingredients
  • Semolina Flour - 1 cup
  • All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
  • Salt - 1 tablespoon
  • Eggs - 2-3 large
  • Olive Oil - 1 teaspoon

Method
  • Mix dry ingredients and make a pile on top of your surface  
  • Make a well in the pile of flour.  Mix the wet ingredients in a small bowl and pour into the well  
  • Slowly work the flour into the egg mixture a little at a time until a dough forms  
  • Knead the dough for about 10-15 minutes.  Ball up the dough and wrap tightly in plastic wrap
  • Refrigerate for at least one hour
  • After refrigeration, divide dough into 4 to 8 equal pieces and flatten into discs
  • Roll discs through your pasta roller a few times, folding the sheets in half after every pass until it has a loose "rubber band" texture  
  • Run the dough through the rollers decreasing the size, making the sheets of pasta thinner with each pass until it is at it's second thinnest setting
  • Run the sheets of dough through the fettucini cutting attachment for your pasta roller
  • Toss pasta noodles with semolina to avoid sticking and set aside in your refrigerator

Sauce
Ingredients
  • Sweet Italian Sausage - 1 lb (roughly)
  • Orange & Yellow Bell pepper julienned - 1 each
  • Light Cream - 2-3 cups
  • Butter - 2 teaspoons

Method
  • If the sausage is in link form, remove the casing and brown in a pan over medium heat
  • When browned, remove from pan with a slotted spoon, leaving the rendered fat/grease in the pan
  • Lower the heat to medium low and add butter to the pan
  • When the butter is melted add the bell peppers and sweat for about 3-5 minutes
  • Add cream and raise the heat up to medium high
  • As the sauce thickens, add the sausage back to the sauce and continue to lightly simmer until the sauce has thickened

While the sauce is thickening, cook the fettucini in boiling salted water for about 3-4 minute, or until al dente.  Remove pasta and drain, then add to the pan and toss to combine.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 04:33:47 PM »

MMM im hungry now.

ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 11:44:37 AM »

Crumpets

Ingredients: 350 g plain flour
1 level teaspoon salt
5ml baking powder
300 ml milk
sunflower, oil for frying and greasing
cooking rings or crumpet rings

How to: Tip the flour into a bowl and stir in the salt and baking powder. Add the milk. (I usually like to add 1 egg too….it’s up to you if you want!) Beat the mixture well for about 5 minutes with a wooden spoon. The mixture should be quite liquid and of a spoonable consistency. Grease the cooking or crumpet rings with sunflower oil and smear a light covering of oil over the base of a solid frying pan. Place the rings on the base of the pan and heat. When hot, spoon in the batter to about half-fill the rings. Cook the mixture over a gentle to moderate heat for about 4-8 minutes. Remove the rings and turn the crumpets over. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until lightly golden.
Serve the crumpets hot with melted butter+honey/syrup. Enjoy!

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 11:49:13 PM »

Even though I ate dinner an hour ago I am now craving some ribs and Crack dip haha

I will have to call my moms friend whom we call "tits" to get her recipe for her rotel dip It is amazing and makes killer nachos

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 12:25:01 AM »

Any easy recipes a novice can whip up in short amount of time?

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 05:39:47 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Speaking of Italian food, here's a recipe that I love to make.  This requires some special equipment, but if you don't have a pasta roller, you can go old school and use a rolling pin or just buy fresh pasta.  Fresh pasta is highly suggested, but you can use dry pasta if absolutely necessary.

White Sauce Sausage & Pepper Fettucini
Fettucini
Ingredients
  • Semolina Flour - 1 cup
  • All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
  • Salt - 1 tablespoon
  • Eggs - 2-3 large
  • Olive Oil - 1 teaspoon

Method
  • Mix dry ingredients and make a pile on top of your surface  
  • Make a well in the pile of flour.  Mix the wet ingredients in a small bowl and pour into the well  
  • Slowly work the flour into the egg mixture a little at a time until a dough forms  
  • Knead the dough for about 10-15 minutes.  Ball up the dough and wrap tightly in plastic wrap
  • Refrigerate for at least one hour
  • After refrigeration, divide dough into 4 to 8 equal pieces and flatten into discs
  • Roll discs through your pasta roller a few times, folding the sheets in half after every pass until it has a loose "rubber band" texture  
  • Run the dough through the rollers decreasing the size, making the sheets of pasta thinner with each pass until it is at it's second thinnest setting
  • Run the sheets of dough through the fettucini cutting attachment for your pasta roller
  • Toss pasta noodles with semolina to avoid sticking and set aside in your refrigerator

Sauce
Ingredients
  • Sweet Italian Sausage - 1 lb (roughly)
  • Orange & Yellow Bell pepper julienned - 1 each
  • Light Cream - 2-3 cups
  • Butter - 2 teaspoons

Method
  • If the sausage is in link form, remove the casing and brown in a pan over medium heat
  • When browned, remove from pan with a slotted spoon, leaving the rendered fat/grease in the pan
  • Lower the heat to medium low and add butter to the pan
  • When the butter is melted add the bell peppers and sweat for about 3-5 minutes
  • Add cream and raise the heat up to medium high
  • As the sauce thickens, add the sausage back to the sauce and continue to lightly simmer until the sauce has thickened

While the sauce is thickening, cook the fettucini in boiling salted water for about 3-4 minute, or until al dente.  Remove pasta and drain, then add to the pan and toss to combine.

Well, I tried that about a week ago and it was very good! I was to lazy to make the noodles so I just bought some but I am sure it would be even better with homemade noodles. Next I think I am going to try Piero's lasagna.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2009, 11:42:41 PM »

Trust me, it's well worth the effort to make the noodles.  Once I started making my own noodles, I never ate boxed noodles ever again.  That was about 7 or 8 years ago.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2009, 02:50:01 AM »

Home made noodles are the shit!

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 01:42:01 PM »

Made Tim's White Sauce Sausage & Pepper Fettucini last night, and it was fucking amazing!!!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2011, 09:44:34 AM »

Thanks Tim for "stickying" this topic. I should've done it a long time ago but other shit had come up.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 09:03:05 PM »

I really got to try The lasagna recipe. Maybe super bowl weekend.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 09:27:34 AM »

I'm gonna have to write up some more recipes soon.

Tim
Foreign_Wide
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
Foreign_Wide pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 05:50:31 PM »

This is a dead easy recipe that will make you and your guests eat like pigs. I call it Italian Salsa.

Dice green peppers, red peppers or any sweet peppers you like, celery, carrot, Vidalia onion, some tomato, and any other crunchy veggie you like. Make the pieces small enough to easily fit on a cracker. I generally use up whatever I have in the refrigerator.

Get some fresh garlic. I like garlic so I use a whole bulb (bunch). You decide. I take a wide knife and use the side to crush the garlic so the "paper" comes right off. No need to work it more than that.

I like Emeril's original seasoning.

Put a layer of ice in the kitchen sink.

Sautee the Garlic and Emeril's in about 3/8" deep olive oil. You need to pay attention. You want the garlic to START to become a parchment color around the edges. The pieces will continue to cook in the hot oil after you turn off the heat. Take the frying pan and rest it on top of the ice in the sink so the temperature drops fast and stops the garlic from cooking. In the winter, I just go outside and put the frying pan on the snow. The point of this is to get max flavor from the garlic.

When the oil is cold pour it over the diced veggies. Add wine vinegar to taste. If you need more oil, just use regular olive oil for the difference. Make it "soupy." Use a large spoon and stir. It won't spoil, so leave it on the counter top and let it marinate for a couple of hours. (After the meal, I have used the oil and vinegar mixture at the bottom of the bowl as a salad dressing the next day so don't throw it away it has major flavor.

When it is time to eat an appetizer, take a long loaf of Italian bread and slice it lengthwise. Brush the faces with olive oil. Get the barbecue grill hot. Place the halves of the loaves face down and remove when the sides just start to get a lick of black. Cut into "fingers" and serve with the salsa.

Enjoy

gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 08:07:37 PM »

Tim, can you move all the recipes to the beginning so they're not mixed in with posts? Even though it's only two pages now, but as this thread gets bigger, the recipes will be easier to find.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »

I challenge you guys for some camping recipes? Literally a fire, and a camping stove...
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012