Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:06:27 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspension clunk from front PS - case closed?  (Read 25575 times)
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 08:08:16 AM »

Are you absolutely sure your upper control arm is not making contact with the bottom of the strut tower? Also same for the lower control arm in the subframe? I can see with you being fairly lowered reaching the limits for the suspension design, I actually had a customer who was soooooo low the locking nut in his ingalls camber kit busted thru the metal in the strut tower.........

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 08:13:33 AM »

Absolutely certain. If that were the case, the DS would be doing it as well. My drop is about 2.5" (right at the tread). Like I said before, this didn't start until my drive north from Miami. My ride height hasn't changed since before I moved. The only thing that did change, besides the recent parts changing, were my wheels from something aggressive to a set that is considerably less aggressive.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 12:01:38 PM »

Have you checked the mid subframe mount? it is the one near the axel and is held in with 2 14mm head bolts to the subframe and 1 17mm head bolt5 to the chassis.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 12:14:39 PM »

I gave it a look over but not a thorough check. I'm going to throw her on the jack this afternoon and check that out.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 01:22:26 PM »

Is #11 the one you're talking about Paul? P/N - 50280-SDA-A01

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 02:03:08 PM »

Yes, he means #11/12 in the picture.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2013, 02:17:15 PM »

That's what I figured but needed to confirm. That little mount looks so unassuming and I can't imagine it being the problem. I guess I'll find out later this afternoon if the sky doesn't fall on me.

NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2013, 03:25:50 PM »

I'm just trying to think of "non-common" parts that could be making the noise described.

NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2013, 03:27:22 PM »

I'd also look at 22,23 as well as the rubber mount for the down pipe.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2013, 03:48:06 PM »

Funny you mention 22 and 23. I actually did pop those two off and had a look at them as they are pretty odd looking parts. No broken rubber or anything physically wrong with them.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2013, 12:43:27 AM »

Those are weights to reduce vibration.  Mine have been long gone for a while now.  You can remove them if you want, but you may get more engine vibration if you do.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2013, 08:22:19 AM »

That's what they looked like to me and didn't look like they served much of a purpose IMO. I threw them back on since they were already there and not disturbing anything. Later on down the road, I may just take them off for that JDM weight reduction.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2013, 09:54:59 AM »

More weight reduction than taking a dump.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2013, 10:36:20 AM »

Damn right! And I take a dump on the regular!

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2013, 06:47:10 PM »

Just pulled that mount. No dice. Damn thing is fine.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012