Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:50:51 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1883489 times)
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2009, 06:18:05 PM »

thanks Thien. ill look into other brands.

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2009, 06:26:21 PM »

i got tint done yesterday had 20 % put on... buying the new wheels and tires in a few hours

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2009, 06:56:23 PM »

so we dont get off topic about batteries
http://elitecm.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=376

Misha
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Jade06

Reputation Power: 0
Jade06 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2009, 10:22:10 AM »

Just waiting on some warmer weather so I can install some goodies sitting in my house.

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2009, 10:34:43 AM »

thinking of where to mount my truck horns

fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2009, 11:42:03 AM »

i installed the 6spd strut bar today. cant wait to take this bithc for a spin.

Now i noticed my passenger side headlight has some moisture build up. i am so pissed. i worked so hard on the black house DIY and now this. i was a Newbie then. so i didnt bake them (used heater blower). since i didnt bake them i couldnt reuse the sealant they used. i scrapped it all off and then used black silicone to seal them back up. it was such a messey job, so i guess it was a matter of time. dont know what to do now.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2009, 12:18:30 PM »

You should have left the sealant on there and re-used it.  I have found that the oven is the best method to evenly heat the adhesive/sealant that Honda uses.  After I get everything heated up and together, I use multiple spring loaded clamps to hold the headlight together while it cools down.

I bet you could pull your headlight off, heat it up, and use clamps to get a better seal.  It's worth a try.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2009, 12:39:58 PM »

id say preheat oven to 300, put headlight in for 3 minutes, take it out and open it
i used this to open fx35 headlights which looked to have same sealant. when i put first headlight for 4 minutes bottom clear lens  melted a little(not that i care for this headlights, just needed to get projectors out)
it was little harder to get second headlight apart that was in for 3 minutes, so i think if you do 3.5 minutes it should be fine

Misha
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2009, 12:46:31 PM »

I usually heat the oven to 250, turn it off, then put the headlight in for 4-5 minutes.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2009, 03:42:45 PM »

right now i removed my front bumper. i'm repainting the lower grillcraft foglight grills (wax buildup from when i first got it detailed never came off) and repainting the actual foglight housing black.

it's dead as shit at work

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2009, 04:28:06 PM »

^ Same here. Damn media spooked everybody about this storm and instead of buying cars their buying shovels and TP!!! And the kicker is that it's dry as shit out here!

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2009, 04:31:37 PM »

I fixed some RCA's for some of my video monitors.  I will eventually connect them again.

Tim
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2009, 05:15:25 PM »

grills and housings all done and put back together. god damn i am getting sick of the floors at work. there's mold  build up underneath and when i rinse off the floors and then lay on them, the water seeps through and now my t-shirt back is wet and dirty. i'm definitely leaving at 6 instead of 7. its so dead

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
suleman_manji

Reputation Power: 3
suleman_manji pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2009, 09:47:44 PM »

did a thorough check of the whole car (everything from computer wise to mechanics) and found only a few problems.

-adjusted my rear shoes
-ordered an auto-tensioner assembly/serpentine belt
-re-fit my grill (part of it was sticking out from the bottom; don't know how but just pushed it back and it's fine for now)
-bent back one of my exhaust hangers so the muffler would sit center in the bumper cut-out
-ran a full diagnostics scan and found out my cars engine is running healthier than a yukon denali with a quarter of the miles that i have (30k miles on the yukon and the LTFT in particular was off the chart at 19% above ideal. told the guy to take it to the dealer)
-figured out how to take the 'Not an Ashtray' thing off

boring day at work. i was done with my quota at 11am (had a few cars that didn't get cashed out till this morning) and couldn't leave till 5 so i killed 3hours meticulously going through my car... then sat in the office and did management work haha.

TXCM Squad #2 | Profile | flickr | fb
[img]http:
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2009, 09:49:28 PM »

I let it get snowed on. Wasn't expecting anymore snow this year, and this morning happened. Fuck it. Hopefully I put the Teins in this weekend.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012