Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:48:08 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Gen7 today?  (Read 1884060 times)
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2009, 11:34:40 AM »

BTW if it is the starter is that one of those parts that I have to use Honda OEM or can I got aftermarket like at Napa? Cuz I looked up the price of one online yesterday and it was like $360 I think and even when you factor in my discount that's still hefty.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2009, 11:48:56 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Mike is correct.  Have your battery load tested.  It probably died.  Optima isn't exactly what they used to be.  IMHO, check your battery, then your alternator.  Remember, your battery is only a storage device to start your car.  Your alternator provides power when your engine is running.

what would be good battery? i need to replace mine couse it doesnt hold charge, luckly every time it dies im at my friends garage and he charges it up.
i had my led lights inside of car on for like half hour and couldnt start the car after so looks like bad battery
i need it to handle at least both of my hids and amp(in future, gona get what you recommended Tim)

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2009, 12:05:33 PM »

Quote from: "Abailey4"
BTW if it is the starter is that one of those parts that I have to use Honda OEM or can I got aftermarket like at Napa? Cuz I looked up the price of one online yesterday and it was like $360 I think and even when you factor in my discount that's still hefty.

Am is fine.

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2009, 12:06:15 PM »

Quote from: "AV6NHBP6SPD"
Mike is correct.  Have your battery load tested.  It probably died.  Optima isn't exactly what they used to be.  IMHO, check your battery, then your alternator.  Remember, your battery is only a storage device to start your car.  Your alternator provides power when your engine is running.

what would be good battery? i need to replace mine couse it doesnt hold charge, luckly every time it dies im at my friends garage and he charges it up.
i had my led lights inside of car on for like half hour and couldnt start the car after so looks like bad battery
i need it to handle at least both of my hids and amp(in future, gona get what you recommended Tim)

Although Optima isn't what it used to be it is still better than the average battery.

AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2009, 12:35:41 PM »

red top i guess

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
JC04accord

Reputation Power: 1
JC04accord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2009, 01:11:48 PM »

Optima is great until it dies on you and leaves you stranded.  Thanks optima!    Derrick you should just have your alternator rebuilt and you can have them increase its output.  I had my alternator rebuilt to 150amps when both my battery and alternator died.  I was like hmm pay over 360 for stock output or just have it rebuilt for 150 I chose to have my alternator rebuilt.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2009, 01:30:15 PM »

Well, that's true for any battery.  Once you deep cycle it, it will never recover fully back to it's original capacity.  Paul is correct, Optima is still good.  They're just not what they used to be after they got bought out.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2009, 02:25:10 PM »

Quote from: "JC04accord"
Optima is great until it dies on you and leaves you stranded.  Thanks optima!    Derrick you should just have your alternator rebuilt and you can have them increase its output.  I had my alternator rebuilt to 150amps when both my battery and alternator died.  I was like hmm pay over 360 for stock output or just have it rebuilt for 150 I chose to have my alternator rebuilt.

Good idea if indeed that's the problem but everybody is thinkin starter because of the symptoms I posted. If it's not the alternator I still may go your route in the near future cuz who knows when it actually could die. Age and mileage is getting up there...

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2009, 02:30:54 PM »

Derrick, I have a alternator here that is for Dre, he won't be needing it for a while, so as long as yours is ok, you can use it to send out for the upgrade and give me yours after it comes back....

Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2009, 02:39:56 PM »

^ Good deal. We'll see...

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2009, 02:53:38 PM »

I was always under the impression that our alternators could not be upgraded because they couldn't be opened up.  Who did your alternator upgrade again Jason?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NVA-AV6

NVA-AV6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2009, 05:46:10 PM »

It is not easy to split these alts, but I have done a few for powder coating.

MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2009, 10:51:29 PM »

Quote from: "NVA-AV6"

Although Optima isn't what it used to be it is still better than the average battery.

Just to inform everyone on Optima's status. The plant use to be located here in Colorado, only a few miles from where I live. The plant has now moved to Mexico. After a few months of the new plant being built in Mexico, the plant has now shutdown. Optima is officially going out of business. Interstate owns Optima, but they have dropped the company because of new and cheap way to make new batteries. The batteries now only have a cell in every other tube instead of all tubes. Optima had a recall on a lot of batteries not to long ago when they switched engineering.

My choice in batteries will be either Interstate, Exide, or Odyssey.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2009, 11:15:18 PM »

Wow I was just about to purchase an optima. Good information as usual Thien!!!
Abailey4

Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2009, 09:19:37 AM »

Quote from: "MyNameIsThien"
Quote from: "NVA-AV6"

Just to inform everyone on Optima's status. The plant use to be located here in Colorado, only a few miles from where I live. The plant has now moved to Mexico. After a few months of the new plant being built in Mexico, the plant has now shutdown. Optima is officially going out of business. Interstate owns Optima, but they have dropped the company because of new and cheap way to make new batteries. The batteries now only have a cell in every other tube instead of all tubes. Optima had a recall on a lot of batteries not to long ago when they switched engineering.

My choice in batteries will be either Interstate, Exide, or Odyssey.

So there's no way to honor the lifetime warranty now?

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 596 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012