Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:05:46 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: big clang from driver side front suspension  (Read 3649 times)
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2009, 05:40:44 PM »

i get this noise whenever i pull into the driveway (going right) or enter a plaza at an angle

i did install tl-s sways in may without replacing the endlinks... is it likely the end link?

other potential causes?

2007 sedan 92000km, bone stock suspension aside from the tl-s sway bars front and rear

also i'll add, ive never heard the sound going over a straight bump

A S I M O
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 08:51:38 PM »

Check both of your endlinks.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 10:41:50 PM »

winter tires go on sunday, best time to check it

A S I M O
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 10:55:24 PM »

Just check for any kind of play dude. You may not have tightened them completely.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 10:33:41 AM »

Would I be able to reach it if I turn to lock w/o jacking it up?

Also, does anyone make aftermarket endlinks for 7g?

A S I M O
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 10:38:33 AM »

I believe Moog makes endlinks with grease fittings. As far as being able to check the link by turning to lock, I'm not entirely sure. I haven't paid much attention to the FSB since it's stock and I haven't touched it. Honestly, taking off the wheel would make it a lot easier for you as opposed to squeezing between the wheel and fender. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to pop the wheel off and check for play.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 10:42:49 AM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
I believe Moog makes endlinks with grease fittings. As far as being able to check the link by turning to lock, I'm not entirely sure. I haven't paid much attention to the FSB since it's stock and I haven't touched it. Honestly, taking off the wheel would make it a lot easier for you as opposed to squeezing between the wheel and fender. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to pop the wheel off and check for play.

yea, i totally agree

just wanted to see if i could do it in the parking lot at work during lunch.... beacuse by the time i get home its totally dark out

A S I M O
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 10:49:19 AM »

How long of a lunch break do you have? If you have an hour, you should be able to pull it off (checking that is) rather easy.

Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 04:21:55 PM »

i turned full lock and was able to get a good look at both sides and tug on it
it didnt seem loose from tugging on it

one thing I noticed with the driver side front bracket was that it didnt seem to be down all the way (small gap between bracket and frame), was not like this on the passenger side

A S I M O
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 05:19:24 PM »

Could be a possibility.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012