Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:30:51 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Extended wheel studs???  (Read 3588 times)
ADI

Reputation Power: 1
ADI pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2009, 12:18:02 PM »

im guna be replacing the oem studs with ARP extended studs this weekend...has anybody replaced their studs on their 7th gen?? do u just hammer the old ones out?? or is it much more involved then that?

Thanks
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 12:28:37 PM »

If you have the proper tools, the job is relatively easy.
ADI

ADI pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 12:39:24 PM »

Quote from: "MyNameIsThien"
If you have the proper tools, the job is relatively easy.

what are the proper tools?

any tips/procedures 2 making the job easier?
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 12:46:59 PM »

Having an impact gun will make the job a lot easier. Also, you will need a stud puller tool. You can hammer out the old ones, and slide the new one in. Put some lubricant around the stud base and the stud hole. I haven't replaced front studs on our Accords yet, but I had to on a 7th Gen Civic. I had to pull the whole hub assembly out a tad to slide an OE stud. I think the Accords has more room so you might be able to get away with it.
ADI

ADI pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 12:53:43 PM »

Quote from: "MyNameIsThien"
Having an impact gun will make the job a lot easier. Also, you will need a stud puller tool. You can hammer out the old ones, and slide the new one in. Put some lubricant around the stud base and the stud hole. I haven't replaced front studs on our Accords yet, but I had to on a 7th Gen Civic. I had to pull the whole hub assembly out a tad to slide an OE stud. I think the Accords has more room so you might be able to get away with it.

i do have an impact gun, and i will make sure i have a stud puller as well.

Thanks Thien,
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 05:00:08 PM »

I have replaced a stud on the front of my Accord and you do need to pull the hub assembly out for more clearance.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
macanic

macanic pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 07:57:23 PM »

or you can take the hub assembly off and go have them pressed in..

-CORY- MDVACM #18
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 08:01:53 PM »

Either way, you have to take or pull the hub assembly. If you take the hub assembly out, you have to replace the hub bearing. You are not suppose to re-use the old hub bearing.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 08:34:17 PM »

You can also grind the edge of the flange on the stud a little bit to also get the clearance you need.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ADI

ADI pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 12:46:32 PM »

thanks again thien, tim and every one else that chimed in.

i thought i would be a simple thing do, something i might be able to tackle but i really don't have a lot experience when it comes to suspension components so i think im just guna leave it to professionals and take it to a shop.

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012