Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:57:21 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: static noise  (Read 3353 times)
lilmalu

Reputation Power: 2
lilmalu pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2009, 11:01:09 AM »

So since installing my headunit 2 weeks ago, i've been pretty much having a good time with it. I had two problems with it:
1) My dad told me that when listening to the radio, it appears to be full of static, and that it tends to cut out in certain places, which never happened with the OEM one.
2) Not knowing if this is a Metra kit flaw or not, but you can literally push the top portion of the metra kit and the whole thing will fall in, thus making a huge gap between the OEM player and the metra kit.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 02:00:46 PM »

I'm guessing it is the lower cubby kit. If so, make sure that it is completely snapped in, I believe that it has two clips on the side, and that all the screws are in.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 03:55:30 PM »

1. Probably a shitty AM/FM tuner in the h/u.
2. Metra kinda sucks, but which kit?  The upper or lower mount?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
lilmalu

lilmalu pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 04:34:58 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
1. Probably a shitty AM/FM tuner in the h/u.
2. Metra kinda sucks, but which kit?  The upper or lower mount?

Quote from: "wtcii"
I'm guessing it is the lower cubby kit. If so, make sure that it is completely snapped in, I believe that it has two clips on the side, and that all the screws are in.

I got the Metra lower mount kit. I'm thinking I should get the Honda Attachment Kit, which I'll get when I'm in the states in Aug. As for the head unit, I got the Alpine cda-9886.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 04:55:51 PM »

Hmmmm.  Check how you have it mounted in the metra kit.  Did you use the ISO brackets or the cage?  Also, make sure your antenna connection is secure and there's no damage to the antenna cable.  I'm not one for the radio, so I never use mine.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
lilmalu

lilmalu pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 07:02:02 PM »

I used the ISO bracket that came with the kit. But after pulling it apart, I didn't see the two clips that should clip like the cubby did. So i'll probably get the honda kit and see if that helps. as for the radio, i spoke with some guy at futureshop (bestbuy) and they said it could probably be that the antenna isn't being "amplified and noise suppressed" enough. made me laugh for a second

wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 07:20:13 PM »

There should be no problem with the metra kit. I have the lower cubby kit and it is perfect. Also, I thought the Honda Audio attachment was for only DD

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 07:36:08 PM »

I'm not sure if the Honda kit will work for this.  Hopefully it will, but you never know until you try.

Tim
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 08:38:54 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
I'm not sure if the Honda kit will work for this.  Hopefully it will, but you never know until you try.

Whats the part no#?

I've looked for this for awhile

A S I M O
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012