Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 03:55:55 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acura Legend GS caliper swap set up help...HELP!  (Read 10557 times)
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 09:19:44 AM »

Awesome guys!  sounds like a solution!  I am going to find out if these really are legend rotors, and if they'll take them back, if not TIm they are yours!

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 10:08:47 AM »

Anyone got the OEM part number on the coupe front caliper brackets?

Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 10:49:24 AM »

Okay man.  I'll definitely take them off your hands if Tire Rack won't take them back.  Just PM me about it when you know what you're doing.  I'm going to compile all the information from the 3 different threads that we have on this one topic.  From now on, let's try to keep this in one thread instead of having multiple threads on one topic.  Even though there are different variations of this set up, I think it would be best to keep everything in one thread in the OP.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 11:25:22 AM »

dude, that's exactly what's needed because of the different variations depending on the vehicle!  thanks Tim, I'll keep you posted.  

If anyone finds that part number for the Coupe brackets PM me please!

Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 12:10:34 PM »

Honda only has the entire caliper assembly on their parts sites that I've been looking on.  Find out that site that Ken was talking about.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 12:59:05 PM »

its not sold by honda. It is made by A1 Cardone part # 141416

http://www.streetsideauto.com

use code ssawinner09 to get 10% off free shipping for stuff 50+

Call them first because I think I bought the last 2.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 11:14:12 PM »

Quote from: "The_bear00"
Buy a set of remanufactured 6MT coupe caliper brackets, and you will be fine. Advance auto parts has them for 29.99 each. I have them and im using 6mt coupe rotors, legend calipers, hp+ pads, 6mt coupe brackets. I have an 05 ex sedan auto. So it will work for you too.

Legend brackets might or might not bolt up to our knuckles, legend rotors are small though 11" vs the mt coupe 11.8"

If they bolt up, then your fine. But imo you wasted more money than you should have.

Alright I am going to tackle these parts tomorrow...but what years will the caliper bracket from the coupe work...any 7G???
So, needed:
-coupe caliper brackets 6MT
-coupe rotors 6MT
-legend calipers (which I have)
-legend pads (which I have)

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 01:46:41 AM »

GL on the coupe caliper brackets man. I milked all of the internet just to fine it. As for the Coupe Rotor check Amazon and but the Centric sign up for the prime and cancel it. Its 46 bucks for both sides.

sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 07:51:41 AM »

Quote from: "thisaznboi88"
GL on the coupe caliper brackets man. I milked all of the internet just to fine it. As for the Coupe Rotor check Amazon and but the Centric sign up for the prime and cancel it. Its 46 bucks for both sides.

wow, $46 for BOTH!  nice...how are the centrics compared to the brembo blanks???  Ken, didn't you say that brembo's are being made in china now?  the gs blanks that I have say "made in Italy" on them.

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2009, 02:00:36 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Honda only has the entire caliper assembly on their parts sites that I've been looking on.  Find out that site that Ken was talking about.

Tim, getting a full refund from tirerack.com, thanks for the back up option though! :thumbup:

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2009, 02:17:29 PM »

yeah.. The old one are made in Italy. The New New are made in china and your are still going to pay a premium for them. There like 55 a piece for just the name.. I can't justified that since there made in China. It they were still made in Italy. I would buy it for 55 a piece. No question asked. The Centric are also made in china but is half the cost. Centric owns powerslot and Stoptech. So its not like its a random brand.

Also I like how they double grind the rotors. Give it a really nice look

http://www.centricparts.com/index.php/p ... and-rotors

sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 03:03:58 PM »

Quote from: "thisaznboi88"
yeah.. The old one are made in Italy. The New New are made in china and your are still going to pay a premium for them. There like 55 a piece for just the name.. I can't justified that since there made in China. It they were still made in Italy. I would buy it for 55 a piece. No question asked. The Centric are also made in china but is half the cost. Centric owns powerslot and Stoptech. So its not like its a random brand.

Also I like how they double grind the rotors. Give it a really nice look

http://www.centricparts.com/index.php/p ... and-rotors

I was thinking about getting the drilled & slotted, is it worth the money?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 05:14:18 PM »

just get the solid one and regular 11.1in rotors and call it a day. That what you don't need to find those impossible calipers. brackets.

sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 08:05:04 PM »

yeah, I think I will just go with the blanks for now, and if I do anything else with the brake system in the future, I will just go with a BBK...I found the caliper brackets at a junk yard, so I have to buy them, and then I am good to go!

Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012