Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:33:54 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acura Legend GS caliper swap set up help...HELP!  (Read 10560 times)
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2009, 11:50:53 PM »

Ok, so here is my situation:

I have 07 V6 6MT Sedan
I ordered brembo blanks, and brembo performance pads for Legend GS (tirerack)
I ordered GS calipers from pepoys, they didn't come with mounting brackets... :sad:

Accord Caliper brackets do not fit over Legend rotors, which are a bit thicker/beefier...so as of right now I can't use new brembo stuff I ordered...

and to top it all off, the new legend calipers are already rusting! :evil:  definitely should have had Paul paint them for me before-hand.

Will the Legend brackets solve my problem?

Thank you in advance!  

Mark

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 02:10:50 AM »

damn bro I feel your pain. I am in the same situation but not as deep. Stupid honda had to give the 6MT sedan smaller brakes then the 6mt coupe. I am talking to someone about how The 6Mt coupe brackets will work with the 6Mt sedan calipers thus giving it more room and you can use 11.8in rotors instead of the 11.1in rotors.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 07:42:28 AM »

As I told you before the legend rotors are the issue not the brackets.
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 10:31:58 AM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
As I told you before the legend rotors are the issue not the brackets.

I know Mike, thanks for your help.  I just wanted to see if there is anyone out there who has the same car, and is running all the legend parts...

Quote from: "thisaznboi88"
damn bro I feel your pain. I am in the same situation but not as deep. Stupid honda had to give the 6MT sedan smaller brakes then the 6mt coupe. I am talking to someone about how The 6Mt coupe brackets will work with the 6Mt sedan calipers thus giving it more room and you can use 11.8in rotors instead of the 11.1in rotors.

If my set up will work with the Legend brackets, you can have my V6 6MT bracket!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 03:27:11 PM »

I already have the sedan 6mt brackets. I need the coupe 6mt brackets lol. How large are the GS rotors? If you can fit 11.8in I can sell your mine. If not the SEARCH goes on for those REMAN brackets *part # 141416*

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 04:38:20 PM »

Why don't you just get Accord Brembo blanks?  The V6 coupe guys just reused their OEM rotors.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 05:14:11 PM »

i think the problem is that he has a sedan 6mt. That y the size doesn't work out with the GS rotors. I could be wrong.

sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 05:55:21 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Why don't you just get Accord Brembo blanks?  The V6 coupe guys just reused their OEM rotors.

I would but, I don't think tirerack will take the legend rotors back.  Plus after feeling the legend rotors, you wouldn't want to trade them for the accord anyway...the diameter seems to be the same, but the wall thickness is at least a 1/4 of an inch thicker.  I am pretty tough on my brakes, so having the beefier rotor with the dual piston calipers is a win-win.

I already have the sedan 6mt brackets. I need the coupe 6mt brackets lol. How large are the GS rotors? If you can fit 11.8in I can sell your mine. If not the SEARCH goes on for those REMAN brackets *part # 141416*

I wonder if the coupe brackets are a little wider and can fit the legend rotors...line of thought being that if the bracket is bigger to accommodate the diameter of the bigger coupe rotor, maybe it'll fit the legends rotors too... my only concern with this is that the coupe may have same thickness as sedan, so Im still f'd

I wish I knew how to read those diagrams that I have seen posted that show the measurements of the rotors and stuff, totally greek to me

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 09:07:51 PM »

Here the measurement of the Coupe 6mt
http://www.amazon.com/Centric-Parts-120 ... &carId=020

Here is the measurement of the Sedan 6mt

I hope that helps. The coupe are thicker by 2mm

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 09:14:34 PM »

I'd still recommend that you do what the coupe guys do and stick with what you know works.  Don't forget your Accord rotors are used and the Legend rotors are new.  If you're worried about Tire Rack not taking the Legend rotors back, you can sell them privately.  I need to use Legend rotors, so I will buy them off of you so you can buy the correct rotors for your car.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 09:23:08 PM »

I agree with tim. Save yourself the headache. Just smack your OEM rotors on and call it a day. Make sure to bleed the system a little bit just incase any air bubble form.

sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 10:39:54 PM »

Here the measurement of the Coupe 6mt

Here is the measurement of the Sedan 6mt

I hope that helps. The coupe are thicker by 2mm

Cool thanks, here is the Legend measurement...looks to be damn close to the sedans, I just don't know what the "HUB REG" means...I had no problem putting the legend rotors on... so the legend rotors should fit the sedan v6 6mt...MAYBE THEY GAVE ME THE WRONG ROTORS!!!  wtf!

http://www.amazon.com/Centric-Parts-120 ... &carId=001

based off the link, the coupes are like 5mm thicker, and the outer diameter is like 8mm more...So they are definitely bigger.  I guess I am going to try to find out tomorrow if these rotors I have are even the right ones for any of these applications.

Quote from: "timot_one"
I'd still recommend that you do what the coupe guys do and stick with what you know works.  Don't forget your Accord rotors are used and the Legend rotors are new.  If you're worried about Tire Rack not taking the Legend rotors back, you can sell them privately.  I need to use Legend rotors, so I will buy them off of you so you can buy the correct rotors for your car.

Thanks Tim...that would be awesome if you want to do that.  let me first find out if these are the right rotors for the legend.  if I end up having to re order the rotors, I am going to order the coupe ones, and get the coupe brackets...after seeing those "charts" they are definately bigger and beefier...wouldn't it make sense to put the same ones on the sedan, especially since it is bigger and heavier???

Reputation Power: 1
LiquidX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 01:14:29 AM »

Buy a set of remanufactured 6MT coupe caliper brackets, and you will be fine. Advance auto parts has them for 29.99 each. I have them and im using 6mt coupe rotors, legend calipers, hp+ pads, 6mt coupe brackets. I have an 05 ex sedan auto. So it will work for you too.

Legend brackets might or might not bolt up to our knuckles, legend rotors are small though 11" vs the mt coupe 11.8"

If they bolt up, then your fine. But imo you wasted more money than you should have.

thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 02:53:05 AM »

listen to the man. I was speaking to him about this earlier. I also found the site that sell the brackets for 22 bucks. YAY

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 07:44:28 AM »

Quote from: "The_bear00"
Buy a set of remanufactured 6MT coupe caliper brackets, and you will be fine. Advance auto parts has them for 29.99 each. I have them and im using 6mt coupe rotors, legend calipers, hp+ pads, 6mt coupe brackets. I have an 05 ex sedan auto. So it will work for you too.

Legend brackets might or might not bolt up to our knuckles, legend rotors are small though 11" vs the mt coupe 11.8"

If they bolt up, then your fine. But imo you wasted more money than you should have.

Legend brackets bolt up to the coupe 5at's not sure about the 6mt
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012