Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:41:55 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] Icebox - New Ride!  (Read 48608 times)
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2011, 10:32:58 PM »

i guess worst case scenario....bye bye power steering.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2011, 11:08:16 PM »

Worst case scenario would be that you swap over to an electric power steering pump from a MR2.  All you really need is 12v and ground to the pump with a relay that's switched on when your car is in run.  Either that, or you can get the DC5 manifold.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2011, 10:57:36 AM »

what would be the estimated cost to do that ehps conversion?

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2011, 07:53:30 PM »

I'm not sure.  I know that the biggest cost would be the pump and a mounting bracket fabricated.  Other than that, you'll need to convert your lines or get adapters for the pump.  Karcepts makes a mount and a line with the adapters.  Here are the links:

http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=51
http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=52

...and here's the link of their install:
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showpost.php?p=117238&postcount=1

Here's a few threads on k20a for the EHPS conversion:
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1597
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58599
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57308

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »

ive been reading up on it today, seems like it would be more cost effective to just order another manifold from moss.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2011, 08:36:35 PM »

Very true.  I've been considering doing the conversion to free up some power.  In the same respect, I have also been looking into an electric a/c compressor conversion from a (ughhhhh) Prius.

Tim
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »

that sounds like an interesting idea, but the parts are pretty expensive. how would you integrate that into the existing ac system.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2011, 11:55:48 PM »

Essentially, it would take the place of your mechanical a/c compressor, which is belt driven, with an electrical a/c compressor.  The basic idea of the pious a/c compressor and the mr2 ps pump is to reduce parasitic losses.  It's the same principle with running an electric water pump.  The parasitic losses from spinning the alternator to generate the electricity to power the pumps is much less than if you were spinning the mechanical accessories.  At least there's a kit to switch to an electrical water pump, but it's like $600-700 with the block off plate and other crap.

I wish I had the money to swap out the mechanical accessories with electrical versions.  Then at that point, all I would be running with the crank is the oil pump, alternator, and blower. 

Tim
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2011, 10:57:46 AM »

Ok, I see the PS pump to electric since it always pulls "some" hp, not much unless turning at low speeds. Now the AC is a complete waste, when the compressor in not engauged it has the same parasidic loss of a idler pulley (NONE!).

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2011, 04:35:59 PM »

But what if it's a hot day Paul?   

Tim
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2011, 06:55:02 PM »

How about I just give you a hot pile of shit to eat........

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2011, 08:27:18 PM »

hahahahahaha

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2011, 08:48:58 PM »

How about I just give you a hot pile of shit to eat........

ROFL!!!!
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2011, 09:24:13 PM »

finally got around to taking a photo........

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2011, 11:33:33 PM »

You already pissed in my corn flakes, so go right ahead Paul.  Hahahaha.

David, is your manifold like this?

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012