Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:31:49 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] Olecram39  (Read 54256 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2013, 01:14:35 PM »

See my front lip and side skirts? Any indication? And silver is a bitch to match.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
olecram39

Reputation Power: 3
olecram39 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2013, 01:45:43 PM »

I know it is, that's good. In that case how many cans of base coat would I need? I have clear coat left over from the front lip. Each can is like 7 bucks right?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2013, 02:27:40 PM »

Something like that. I think I used two cans of paint per side to make sure I had good coverage. Don't forget the adhesion promoter.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2013, 02:39:34 PM »

So we are talking about four cans for the sides and let's say 3 for the rear lip which is around 60 bucks. When I bought the paint for the lip the total was 74 bucks and I bought a can of bulldog adhesion promoter 2 scuff pads base coat and clear coat. So I think it will be cheaper to buy a quart of paint at the place I bought it last time.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2013, 05:04:53 PM »

So long as you have a decent gun and compressor, sure. You ever use one?

olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2013, 03:44:44 AM »

Of course!! You know cubans Z, we know how to do and build everything..

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2013, 08:04:20 AM »

True but we use paperclips, gum, and expanding foam.

olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2013, 11:03:29 PM »

I finished my Summer A term, came down to Miami for the rest of the summer, started working, and my car hit 100k miles so needless to say i have been busy for the last couple of weeks.

Started by replacing my completely gone left compliance bushing, going to replace the right one soon.
Before:
After:

Then i replaced all transmission mounts and engine mounts. All of them were completely broken, the car was vibrating more than a tractor.
These are the new Transmission mounts.

This is the Motor Mount closest to the firewall, all of them were surprisingly easier to change than what i expected, still a challenging job but easier than i expected. I forgot to take pictures of the other mounts, sorry. 

Before:

[URL=http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/olecram93/media/IMAG0925_zpscac2b2b6.jpg.html]

After:

After i did the transmission mounts i bought all of this.

I changed and did the following using all Honda Fluids (and Acura Fluids) because i ordered most of the fluids from Curry Acura, free shipping FTW:
-Coolant Flush
-3x Drain and Fill Automatic Transmission Oil
-Power Steering Fluid
-Brake Fluid
-Replaced Transimssion Inline Filter with Magnafine Still need to cut the old OEM one open to see what it was like inside.
-Replaced the serpentine Belt
as you can see the arrow was a little off from the mark.
-Replaced the tensioner pulley bearing

As you can see it had pieces of rubber from the belt stuck to it because it wasn't turning smoothly and it was making a weird noise.
-Cleaned the Mass Air Flow Sensor
-Did a Seam Foam Treatment to the car
-Replaced all spark plugs with NGK Laser Iridium.
Old Plugs:

Now I feel like i am driving a brand new car, no vibrations, runs great, shifts great. Still need to check for improvement on gas mileage.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2013, 07:15:30 AM »

Nice work how hard was it to do your compliance bushing did you have a press

HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2013, 01:19:41 PM »

I need to do all of that, especially the mounts and compliance bushings.  Good job!

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2013, 02:28:40 PM »

No press, just a hammer and some patience, wasn't that hard. Thanks guys
HEcreated487

Reputation Power: 7
HEcreated487 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2013, 08:36:47 PM »

Besides the horrible ride quality, did you notice any side-to-side swaying of your car with the damaged motor mountes and compliance bushings?

M!©h@3L ¤ ¤ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¤ ¤
olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2013, 01:02:37 AM »

I didnt, all i noticed was horrible vibrations when the car was in Drive that would go away when shifted into Neutral and would get even worse if you had it in Drive and turned the AC on. The compliance bushing would make a "clunk" sound every time i went over a speed bump and everytime i accelerated quickly from a stop.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2013, 07:18:52 AM »

That sounds exactly like my current issue. Time to get new bushings!

olecram39

olecram39 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2013, 12:32:27 AM »

A few goodies came in in the last two days.

Can you guess what this is?

Under drive Pulleys! .. Hopefully it doesnt rain tomorrow and i can get them installed allong with the TSX Intake Manifold that iv'e had in a closet for months now. 

Also received the TL-S Rear Sway Bar, $49 shipped Smiley i even got an extra holder for free i guess someone made a mistake? :dunno:
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012