Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 07:10:45 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] Striktlyaccord  (Read 43935 times)
Fanitron

Reputation Power: 3
Fanitron pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2012, 09:53:04 AM »

As far as I know it is the V6 tranny that had the recall... however, I've met a few ppl who have had problems with their i4 auto's as well.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2012, 12:49:50 PM »

As far as I know it is the V6 tranny that had the recall... however, I've met a few ppl who have had problems with their i4 auto's as well.

But the recall doesn't apply
Nit3h4wk C0uP3
Veteran

Reputation Power: 5
Nit3h4wk C0uP3 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2012, 12:55:05 PM »

Well, Honda said there was some recall done on my transmission...maybe I got confused ....darn a.d.d. lol
Arielit0oo

Reputation Power: 12
Arielit0oo pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2012, 01:19:32 PM »

Na... The i4's had the recall, I got the letter for mine last summer.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2012, 08:19:21 PM »

Na... The i4's had the recall, I got the letter for mine last summer.

You guys are all missing my point... If you got the recall last night it was not the recall listed in that link. The recall in the link was issued in 2004 which was the recall on the V6 transmission.

The recall you got on the I4's wouldn't apply to Dave's 03 at least at this point because the software is different. The change they make is to the computer to make it shift slower between reverse, drive, and neutral. This avoids damage to the secondary shaft bearing...

Here is an article.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2011/08/honda-recalls-nearly-25m-vehicles-for-transmission-software/1#.UEk9rbKPVHs
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:23:09 PM by Mike » Logged
striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2012, 11:21:10 PM »

So how does it not apply to my year then Mike?

Regardless, when there is a major recall, such as for transmission issues, isn't Honda supposed to contact you by mail or something?  I feel like there has to be a few major recalls on my car from the past, yet the only one I remember getting notified about was the ignition interlock thing.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2012, 11:30:30 PM »

So how does it not apply to my year then Mike?

Regardless, when there is a major recall, such as for transmission issues, isn't Honda supposed to contact you by mail or something?  I feel like there has to be a few major recalls on my car from the past, yet the only one I remember getting notified about was the ignition interlock thing.

If you look at that article the recall applies to 04 and up I believe. Perhaps the programming changed between you 03 and the affected years. Visit Honda Owners link, and sign up if you haven't. It should have all the major recalls for your car if you enter you vin.

https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?logout=1
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012