Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 04:10:47 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **Wheel Recommendations/Consideration Thread**  (Read 109406 times)
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 30, 2010, 12:43:57 AM »

FAIL
NYKnick1015
Fucking Newb

NYKnick1015 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 30, 2010, 09:36:08 AM »

There's one guy on v6p that has some ridiculous wheel set up on his sedan.  Honestly man, you're not going to get much love here when it comes to the hellaflush trend.  One reason is because it's unsafe.  Stretching a tire on a wheel that's too wide for what the tire is intended for will result in failure.  Running excessive camber on your car will adversely affect it's handling and make it harder to control.  I have a hard time supporting a trend that will cause your car to be dangerous to drive.  An actual "flush" wheel looks good, but that poked and stretched stuff takes it way too far and looks terrible.  I'm not willing to risk my safety and the safety of other people on the road so I can try and look cool.  Sorry man, but if you want to go for that trendy stuff, try the guys over on v6p.  They'll tell you it looks cool without any regards to your safety.  If you really want to make your car functional and choose mods that will actually improve your performance, stick around and pay attention.

I mean to be honest, i love poke and stretch on wheels but when i did it last, i did it a reasonable stretch and poke where i did keep my car more functional than style... but it looked good... and i know how every one mixes up the whole hella flush theme with like the whole JDM vip trend to have camber thats about -30 degrees and a 195 tire on a 10 inch wheel... that is NOT what i am looking for... for me, its all about a good stance for instance... one member on here blackhawk or what ever his user name is has a good stance that i really love which is what i want to go for

My goal in all honesty is to keep the car nice, clean and flush and like i said, i hate tuckin in the wheel well... i personally think it looks bad but thats just my opinion. and plus since I am adding a K supercharger to the car, i would need to keep the car more functional than anythning else
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: July 30, 2010, 12:37:29 PM »

Well, it seems like you have your mind made up on the wheels and probably tires.  I think the main thing is the offset.  What size wheels and tires are you planning on running? 

Just to give you an idea of my set up, I'd say that because of recent changes to my car, I have more of an "aggressive" stance with my wheels because I had to space out my front wheels to clear a big brake upgrade.  I haven't decided on the rear yet, but will probably go with something that will push my wheels out a little more.  Right now, I'm running 18"x7.5" +42 and a 15mm spacer with 245/40/18's in the front.  I'm planning on going with either a 15mm or 20mm spacer in the rear.  If I had narrower tires, it would clear a lot more, but since I have a fat tire, it sticks out more than I would like it to and rubs too much.  The wheels are pretty "flush" with the fender though.  I should also mention that I have rolled and pulled fenders, so I probably have more clearance than a stock sedan. 

Hopefully that information helps.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NYKnick1015
Fucking Newb

NYKnick1015 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2010, 02:02:26 AM »

wow... 245 on a 7.5 in wheel... what posessed you to do that... not saying that its a bad thing but people were pushing me to put a 245 on my 9.5" rear wheels in my last setup... just weird trying to imagine that...

i think im just gonna try my luck on rolled fenders only like i had on my 6th gen and it sat pretty well with out having to get my fenders pulled. Im debating a stag setup again because i love turning so im def not putting anything higher than a 8.5 up front... maybe 9 if im lucky... im just looking for the right wheels...

any idea which dude on v6p it was with the sedan?? im just curious because like said ive seen coupes left and right but never any sedans
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: July 31, 2010, 08:09:49 PM »

Some guy with a red sedan in Hawaii.  Honestly, he seems like a giant douche.  He started his thread with a bad attitude and was talking shit.  Don't expect to get any help from him if he hasn't gotten himself banned yet. 

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2010, 05:56:15 AM »

I remember that guy. Everyone was baggin' on him for starting the thread like an asshat and for his shit looking like it was broken. He was getting no love from the hellaflush/ poked in the ass crowd.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2010, 09:25:42 AM »

Here is the tool bag. Please don't do this to your car!

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202624
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2010, 11:18:56 AM »

Yeah, that thread didn't take a wrong turn. 

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2010, 04:34:52 PM »

Nope. Not at all.  Huh?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: August 01, 2010, 06:26:29 PM »

Mayber it will benefit someone to read it thats all.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2010, 11:11:46 PM »

Well, it's a great example of how to act like a complete douche.  Anyway, let's talk about wheels some more.  In light of recent events, I've been considering different wheels that are wider with a lower offset.  As my wheels sit right now, the fronts are technically a 18"x7.5" +27, which are 68.5 mm from the hub and sit decently.  If I had narrower tires, like 235's, they would be flush (actually flush, not that hella crap).  I've been toying around with the idea of getting a new set of wheels.  The sizes I've thought about getting would be 18"x9.5" +47, which would be 73.5 mm from the hub, 18"x9" +50, which would be 64.5 mm from the hub, or 18"x8.5" +40, which would be 68 mm from the hub.  Tires would be the next step to take, but I'm more or less concerned about the wheel fittment first.

Thoughts?

Tim
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2010, 01:35:13 AM »

Well, it's a great example of how to act like a complete douche.  Anyway, let's talk about wheels some more.  In light of recent events, I've been considering different wheels that are wider with a lower offset.  As my wheels sit right now, the fronts are technically a 18"x7.5" +27, which are 68.5 mm from the hub and sit decently.  If I had narrower tires, like 235's, they would be flush (actually flush, not that hella crap).  I've been toying around with the idea of getting a new set of wheels.  The sizes I've thought about getting would be 18"x9.5" +47, which would be 73.5 mm from the hub, 18"x9" +50, which would be 64.5 mm from the hub, or 18"x8.5" +40, which would be 68 mm from the hub.  Tires would be the next step to take, but I'm more or less concerned about the wheel fittment first.

Thoughts?
Tire and wheel fitment will go hand in hand.  For instance, a 265 on a 9.5 may rub, but a 255 or  a 245 on a 9.5 won't.  It could very well mean that a 9.5 +28 with a 245 tire won't rub but a 9.5 +38 with a 265 tire might..  Ride height and alignment will play a factor as well.

- Mark
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2010, 08:03:49 AM »

Mark, you know me well enough to know that I'm going to try and stuff the widest tire possible in my wheel wells.  My guess is that I'm going to want to stick with the 8.5" wheels with a higher offset.  That way I can get wide tires to go along with my wide wheels.  I just don't see the point of going with wider wheels, but keeping the same tire size I already have.  I'd just be adding weight, which to me is pretty pointless.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 03:58:55 PM by timot_one » Logged

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2010, 09:52:38 AM »

That way I can get wide tires to go along with my wide tires.

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2010, 12:52:22 PM »

Damnit Z you beat me this time!  Flippa!

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012