Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 02:26:05 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **Wheel Recommendations/Consideration Thread**  (Read 109402 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2010, 09:02:56 PM »

Honestly man, just get whatever suits you the best.  Don't let us make the decision for you.  In the end, it's your car and you're going to be the one that has to like it.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NytShade
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
NytShade pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2010, 09:11:45 PM »

Im just looking to see what other people think.

Ill get the ball rolling.

I think the 17's Xtatik Mass with the lip will look more like 16's once on the car, but I can't get 18's in that style till October.

And I think the 5 spoke wheels will show alot of fenderwell/brakes area. Is that bothersome to you guys?

Im trying to look at it from all angles, and usually other people spot what I miss
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2010, 09:13:11 PM »

Too much brake isn't that bad if you have something to show off.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
NytShade
Fucking Newb

NytShade pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2010, 09:42:53 PM »

Ordered The 5 Spoke,

Timot, what are some things (mods) to Show Off? Ill probably paint the calipers?
NytShade
Fucking Newb

NytShade pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2010, 09:47:50 PM »

And what size tires do I run now? 225/60-18?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2010, 09:59:19 PM »

Well, I was alluding to brake upgrades.  What is the size of the wheels you got and what are your current tire sizes?

Tim
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 20, 2010, 12:02:02 AM »

And what size tires do I run now? 225/60-18?
That depends on the wheel specs.  What width and offset?

- Mark
NytShade
Fucking Newb

NytShade pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 20, 2010, 07:18:20 AM »

Sorry Im a noob at most of this.

I believe the tires im running now are 225/40?-16 Theyre a winter set that was on the car when it wrecked.

The wheels are 18x7.5 with a 42 offset
NytShade
Fucking Newb

NytShade pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 20, 2010, 07:24:19 AM »

Stock size is 205/60r-16

So I could fit a 225/60r-18 correct?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: July 20, 2010, 08:05:35 AM »

That won't work.  The outside diameter of a 205/60/16 is 25.7".  The outside diameter of a 225/60/18 is 28.6".  That size would throw off your speedo, make your car look like a monster truck, and probably even rub at stock height.  You're going to want to stay as close to the diameter of your stock wheels.  A 225/45/18 has an outside diameter of 25.9" and a 235/40/18 has an outside diameter of 25.4".  Those are the two tire sizes I would get if I were concerned with my speedo being accurate and not rubbing.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 20, 2010, 10:15:10 AM »

If you were running a winter set of tires until now, my recommendation would be to replace the tires with an all season set then save for a GOOD set of wheels and tires. I wouldn't get any of those wheels to just get me by. Another recommendation is to find a good set of OEM wheels to hold you over if your originals are busted up and save for a good set of wheels instead of shitty wheels.

Like others have said, loosen up man. We've all been down the noob road before. We're just trying to help you in your decision so you don't regret it later and spend money you don't have to spend.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: July 20, 2010, 11:09:36 AM »

Ordered The 5 Spoke,

He already bought the wheels Z.  Reading PWNS you!

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 20, 2010, 01:47:14 PM »

Eh, whatever. Not my money or ride.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
NYKnick1015
Fucking Newb

NYKnick1015 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 29, 2010, 11:54:38 PM »

how come there are no sedans with serious flush wheels... or even poke... i personally hate the wheel looking sunk once you lower it... even on a 9in or 10in wheel... ive seen coupes but what about sedans?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: July 30, 2010, 12:15:36 AM »

There's one guy on v6p that has some ridiculous wheel set up on his sedan.  Honestly man, you're not going to get much love here when it comes to the hellaflush trend.  One reason is because it's unsafe.  Stretching a tire on a wheel that's too wide for what the tire is intended for will result in failure.  Running excessive camber on your car will adversely affect it's handling and make it harder to control.  I have a hard time supporting a trend that will cause your car to be dangerous to drive.  An actual "flush" wheel looks good, but that poked and stretched stuff takes it way too far and looks terrible.  I'm not willing to risk my safety and the safety of other people on the road so I can try and look cool.  Sorry man, but if you want to go for that trendy stuff, try the guys over on v6p.  They'll tell you it looks cool without any regards to your safety.  If you really want to make your car functional and choose mods that will actually improve your performance, stick around and pay attention.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012