Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 04:25:54 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S2000 Cluster retrofit  (Read 21442 times)
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 01:51:17 PM »

Looking very good Kai!

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
kSchwiggy

Reputation Power: 1
kSchwiggy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2009, 10:35:57 AM »

VIDEO added to the original post
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 11:24:04 AM by kSchwiggy » Logged
lilmalu

Reputation Power: 2
lilmalu pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2009, 10:53:20 AM »

Now that's pure sex. I want one now.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2009, 11:07:08 AM »

I love how gauges now have "ceremonies".  Yours are fancier than mine though.  I only have an opening ceremony with mine.  The closing ceremony is that they go blank.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2009, 11:17:47 AM »

I love how your project came out, it looks f-ing sweet…

Suggestion;

Post everything on the OP easier to follow….

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
kSchwiggy

kSchwiggy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2009, 11:19:35 AM »

tim- what kind of gauges do you have?

ibc- will do, thanks for the suggestion
unclejud49348

Reputation Power: 3
unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2009, 12:43:07 PM »

The final video and pictures are amazing. You did a really nice job, congrats!

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2009, 12:03:45 AM »

Quote from: "kSchwiggy"
tim- what kind of gauges do you have?
AEM in my A Pillar and PLX in my gauge cluster.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
kSchwiggy

kSchwiggy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2009, 11:28:11 AM »

WOWW plx has some nice gauges!! i had never heard of them before but now wish i had..maybe ill swap over to these at some point and sell my defis.

to those who asked if i'm making a DIY... hell no. there are way too many things that need to be done to get the cluster working, and in some ways is integrated into the car. if anyone is ambitious enough to take on this project... i will help you through email or PM.. and if there are actually enough people who start the project.. i'll make a formal writeup of the steps i took. i'll also make my code and circuit diagrams available via email.. the code and circuit are still evolving as i am trying to work out some bugs and make everything smoothing. it's certainly NOT for the weekend modder... this will take weeks if done in spare time, and will require a number of different tools and supplies. it also isnt for someone who just wants to pay to have it done... because the labor costs would be very high. a guy in england is charging 500 dollars to convert the signals in the s2k cluster for civics/integras/rsxs... and for our cars that is only about 60% of the conversion needed to make it fully work.  so i hope you all understand that i'm not trying to be a dick by not making a writeup... i just dont forsee enough people taking on the project to make it worth my time doing the writeup.
Fenix

Reputation Power: 4
Fenix pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2009, 11:33:58 AM »

Wow man it looks amazing! I would love to have this, but i am not even remotly skilled enough to do this. Wish there was a way to just pay and have it done. Too bad. Please keep us updated, with videos of normal acceleration, hard accel. and things of the sort. Superb work kSchwiggy, superb work.

Quote from: timot_one
I'll let you guys know that I can only tolerate so much douchebaggery
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2009, 11:36:57 AM »

That's completely understandable. If someone wants to tackle this, be prepared to enter a world of hell :P Great job though!

The most I'm going to do to my cluster is tinting it blue, lol. The only thing is, I can't for the life of me find where to get the blue tint.

Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2009, 11:58:33 AM »

check ebay, search for high temp gel sheets or filters. if it helps they are used for filtering light on stage lights.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
kSchwiggy

kSchwiggy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2009, 12:01:43 PM »

thanks fenix.. once the cluster operates smoothly i'll get some more vids up.

jeff- luckily for any followers... i've been through most of the hell, so it'd just be a matter of getting the tooling and materials and following instructions  8-) . it's the first one thats always the hardest. also, like icebox said, look for gels. if you google search Color Gels you can find just about any color you want... i think they run like 5-10 dollars for a whole sheet
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2009, 12:09:31 PM »

Sweet, thanks. I never knew what keywords to search for, and i would have never guessed color gels, lol.

Anyways, back OT, have you thought about replacing all the LEDs with a different color, like blue? Or even purple, lol! Or you could like fade the speedometer from left to right: green, yellow, then red.

kSchwiggy

kSchwiggy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2009, 12:14:38 PM »

the original cluster was backlit with regular incandescent bulbs which i already replaced with white LEDs. there are four LEDs that light the RPM band, and one in the middle behind the speedo. so you could put whatever color leds you want... OR you could just make a new color gel with whateever pattern you want to go in front of the white LEDs. in my case... i used a white gel with a strip of red for the increasing RPMs. that is also temporary... and I'll be reworking it later when i work on some of the cosmetics of the cluster.

i can also rearrange the Icons for CEL, doors, trunk, etc... and even make my own =) look for those little upgrades when im in between law school semesters and have some time for tinkering. right now 1st priority is getting the converter box up to full smooth operation now that the physical install of the cluster is done.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012