Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 03:12:14 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Master List Of Suspension Upgrades  (Read 60832 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2009, 09:10:06 AM »

What do you guys think is better worth it vs. the cost - the front anti-sway bar, or the front tower bar / whatever it's called thingy?

I think I'm going to call my local Honda dealer and see if they can have one ordered, instead of me having to pay for shipping out the ass if I ordered one online.

NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2009, 10:13:46 AM »

honda dealership will charge you well more than what the cost of shipping will be.... unless its something simple i never go to dealership
prices around here are REDICULOUSLY high compared to BKhonda or majestichonda.com

im debating the same question Jeff....

i think i want to do the OEM V6 6MT BAR as well as the DC Sports strut tower bar....
if you do them both it looks pretty sick (aka...Billys car - Crazy Creashunz) and i heard this stiffens up the body roll big time.

the OEM V6 6MT BAR replaces those corner black angled braces near the top of your strut tower bolts..... essentially this adds a bar across the engine bay connecting the 2 sides adding alot more stability
its a quality pickup under $100.... you might wanna start there first

strut tower bars you can find cheap (ebay - $40 or less) or you can go expensive (greddy, dc sports, neuspeed) for like $135ish
functionability might be close to the same.... but it wont look as nice or have a name on it

also to install the front sway bar you have to drop the subframe... i heard this can be a pain in the ass....also this adds to the understeer that your rear sway took away.... cancelling some of that effect but also helping body roll at the same time

lemme know what you do... maybe we can get a buy one get one half off special !  Smiley

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2009, 11:15:50 AM »

Alright. I've heard about how the TL-S FSB adds a noteable understeer, but I've also heard from people that it reduces body roll better than the tower bars. I guess if I added the two tower bars together it would do just as good.

As far as what to get, I may go the eBay route (as much as I'd hate to). I'm not really too worried about looks. I'll probably just paint it black and say to hell with it. :twisted:

NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2009, 11:21:02 AM »

haha i know.... with enough cash + time you'll catch up and we'll have the same ride

they dont stack up...

the V6 bar connects to where the stock angle bars connect....
the strut tower bar connects to i believe 2 of the bolts that are on top of your strut tower (circle thing with 3 bolts around it)
so they are pretty close to one another...however they arent on top of each other... i think it looks pretty sweet
2 bars FTW !

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2009, 11:35:39 AM »

Oh, ok. I'll have to open the hood to my car and see this for myself whenever it'll stop raining. I'm thinking if I can convince my parents enough, I may be able to get the v6 6spd bar from majestic honda for about $100 shipped. We could call them and maybe see if they'll give us a group buy discount... I'm not sure. The more the discount, the better, lol. My mom is pretty pissed off at me for doing all the mods I have now, so it'll be a stretch. I haven't even gotten my pulleys installed yet, so asking them for another thing will be hard, lol. Plus, with college around the corner, that makes it just that much harder to get any mods for my car. Sad

Let me know if you figure out any plans with the group buy deal or anything.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2009, 08:50:31 PM »

Here's a better link than what Billy posted a while back for the 6MT STB. Click me!

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2009, 04:42:47 PM »

does anyone know the spring rate for GC? I just looked at mine and its 474 front and 300 rear? Is is a little on the softside?

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2009, 09:35:22 AM »

Megan Racing makes a camber kit for the CM/TSX... Any opinions?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2009, 10:08:32 AM »

Megan Racing has made a name for themselves as of late. Since they offer a lot of parts at a much more reasonable price than others a lot of people have used their products and been happy with them. I don't have firsthand experience though.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Asim

Reputation Power: 5
Asim pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2010, 04:13:30 PM »

Does anyone know if the TL (3G) top hats work with our Accords?

I am looking to buy some Koni SP3's with some springs from a TL

I'll have to swap the springs out for i4 springs, but wondering if I need to swap the top hats too.

A S I M O
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2010, 05:57:21 PM »

No, they won't. Different design.
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2010, 07:37:14 PM »

Quote from: "MyNameIsThien"
No, they won't. Different design.

Good to know, Thanks Thien.
I realized I wouldn't get the lifetime warranty on the Koni also, so the deal really is not much a of a deal anymore.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 08:03:27 PM by Asim » Logged

A S I M O
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2010, 07:54:01 PM »

Please spell my name right next time.
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2010, 08:04:24 PM »

Quote from: "MyNameIsThien"
Please spell my name right next time.

Holy crap! I even read your name from the quote to make sure I had it write... I failed

A S I M O
Asim

Asim pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2010, 05:40:41 PM »

Does the Greddy STB work together with OEM STB? I know the Neuspeed one does!

A S I M O
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012