Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 03:31:11 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rust advice  (Read 2482 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« on: February 10, 2013, 09:09:15 AM »

Well being in a snowy environment, the inevitable has happened and I'm starting to get a little rust and bubbling above the rear wheel on the inner lip of the quarter panel. Any advice?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 09:28:36 AM »

Sand it down and respray the area. Only way to take care of it. At least it's under the lip and not on a body panel.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 10:43:45 AM »

I had my roof sanded down and resprayed bc of rust.  Luckily I have a connection with a body shop.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 09:11:43 PM »

I had my roof sanded down and resprayed bc of rust.  Luckily I have a connection with a body shop.
My dad and uncle each own one. Just don't want to bother them. I know to sand and paint more interested in preventing. My Dad oils the undersides of his cars.
Rushzer0

Reputation Power: 1
Rushzer0 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 10:30:56 AM »

Undercoating. You can get it in wax or oil based. Where I live it's a necessity if you want your car to last longer then 5 years with our weather, salt in the winter months and just the salt off the ocean in general.

Funny enough out of all the brands and stuff I've used the best I've found is from wal-mart ( assuming they still use the Crown brand) the undercoating for the under side of the car is nice and thick and holds up very well. While the interpanel  coating (the stuff they spray the inner side of you panels trunk and such with, they drill little holes to get access then plug them after) is semi-runny and creeps well, which is what you want.

Also do your body work before you get the undercoating. There is nothing worse then trying to do body work after a fresh undercoating, you'll only run into problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012