Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 04:38:27 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 144 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SECM Squad  (Read 449925 times)
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: September 27, 2010, 11:22:14 PM »

I am at around 3500 pounds.

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: September 27, 2010, 11:25:16 PM »

Well, damn. That is heavy. A stock 03 sedan is 3053. Would Tim's be lighter than stock or heavier?

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
exelr8
Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: September 27, 2010, 11:29:05 PM »

Knowing tim, it should either be close to the stock weight or less depending on how much that blower weighs and what he has taken out of the car

SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2073 on: September 28, 2010, 12:15:46 AM »

I'll race you, with a different car.

Deal.  The rules are that you have to buy said car and modify it with your own money.  None of this borrowing daddy's car bullshit.

I actually really wanna see how many cars Tim would pull on me
So, how fast is Tim's car? Put it in terms of 0-60.

My car really isn't fast guys.  It's just faster than a stock Accord.

Would Tim's be lighter than stock or heavier?
Knowing tim, it should either be close to the stock weight or less depending on how much that blower weighs and what he has taken out of the car

Sorry Mike, but you are wrong.  My car is much heavier than stock.  You guys forget that I have lots of stereo in my car.  I'm guessing that I've added about 300-400 lbs of stereo in the trunk and sound deadening material.  I didn't really have a chance to strip the trunk and put everything on a diet.  Maybe next summer or whenever I move out of MA into a place that has a garage.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: September 28, 2010, 12:18:51 AM »

this is true, I forgot you are a car audio guru. I know you have dyno tuned that thing what are the power number? and Hell, my car is a turd at 6psi and intermittent belt slip,  my friends 306 94 gt pulled a car length on me I launched from 3rd at 65 and he went from fourth. and he was not even on the bottle
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 12:20:37 AM by exelr8 » Logged

SECM Squad #3...kinda
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: September 28, 2010, 12:19:01 AM »

I couldn't be you with my Dad's car. He drive a 09 Camry. My car is faster than his.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: September 28, 2010, 12:21:48 AM »

I couldn't be you with my Dad's car. He drive a 09 Camry. My car is faster than his.

Bill, What is this? I figured you would be more grammatically correct than this.

SECM Squad #3...kinda
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2077 on: September 28, 2010, 12:22:18 AM »

No dyno tuning yet.  I'm waiting on my race header and 3" exhaust to be finished.  Plus, I still have to get my prototype aftercooler back to see if it cools better than my current aftercooler.  I also want to get an ice box for my aftercooler set up and need to wire up some fans on my heat exchanger.  I'm still not running water meth either.  Once all that is done, I'm hoping to make about 350ish whp.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: September 28, 2010, 12:24:09 AM »

Do most manufacturers advertise whp?

Bill C.
SECM member
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2079 on: September 28, 2010, 12:25:22 AM »

Huh?

Tim
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: September 28, 2010, 12:26:26 AM »

It seems like I remember other horse power readings. My car for example is advertised at 160hp. Is that at the wheel?

Bill C.
SECM member
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: September 28, 2010, 12:29:21 AM »

I am wanting to do a chicane intercooler set up with a nitrous bar to cool the heat exchanger. One problem the car has is where the SC meets the intercooler on the mani there are gaps between the two causing warm air to sneak its way in. I am hoping for 425 whp by next summer depending on if I stay at home.

Bill, when you read a cars horsepower and torque ratings from the manufacturer it is at the crank. I know you lose +/- 15% with RWD but I do not know the rate for FWD drivetrain power loss
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 12:30:57 AM by exelr8 » Logged

SECM Squad #3...kinda
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: September 28, 2010, 12:31:38 AM »

correct, you lose power going through the drive train.

SECM Squad #3...kinda
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: September 28, 2010, 12:32:34 AM »

Sorry, deleted my post. Re-read yours and figured it out.

Bill C.
SECM member
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: September 28, 2010, 12:38:16 AM »

oh ok haha. that is why us rwd guys swear by rear end gearing, it can make(and brake ) your car, like my gear is a 3.27:1 if I did not dd the car i would put a 4.10 or 4.20:1 in the diff

SECM Squad #3...kinda
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 144 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012